ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 05-20-2011
Giga-posting ACO

DRNEGRIN6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DRNEGRIN6

I would like those that set the protocols/procedures to actually go out in the field and see what we do before such procedures are put into policy/effect. Then, I would like those that write the protocols/procedures to run it past those that are going to actually be the ones doing the protocols/procedures to see if the protocols/procedures are do-able.

The only way you will get those to follow procedures if you make procedures that are reasonable and can be done. I was given the charge of modifying the shelter intake procedures as far as intake exams/vaccines, etc. Before I handed the protocols to the HO, I ran it past the ACOs at the shelter to get their opinions as to whether or not they believe they could follow those protocols within the outlined time frame. If they did not think it could be done, I asked how they thought it could be improved, if at all. I brought my outline with possible modifications and the reasoning behind the modifications to the HO. We came up with a somewhat decent protocol that we believed would work for that shelter.

(Note: HO was not pleased when I told him that I ran it past the ACOs first to get their opinion, but I did not care. As far as I'm concerned, if the staff can't do the protocol because it is not reasonable, they will not do it at all. Even when it is reasonable, you do not always get compliance.)
Old 05-21-2011
Almighty ACO

kgill is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kgill

I would love to be able to throw 'political correctness'/politeness out the window(sometimes) and REALLY tell people how stupid they are. Especially with the wildlife calls of "there's a 'possum, squirrel, raccoon, deer, etc... in my yard and they are [insert whatever annoying thing they are doing]" and the "dog barks all day" calls and the... well you know where I'm going with it.....

LOCK UP YOUR BEAGLE ---VICK'S AN EAGLE!!!

"In GOD we trust, all others we run through NCIC"
Old 05-23-2011
Field Operative

Dale4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've found "YOU CAN"T FIX STUPID!"