ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Ask the ACO

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2008
AC626's Avatar
AC626 AC626 is offline
Kennel Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 341
AC626 is on a distinguished road
Default Duty Belts?

Hey everyone, I have another question, do any of you ACOs wear duty belts or "bat belts" as they are called? If so, what do you carry? Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-14-2008
Getting too old's Avatar
Getting too old Getting too old is offline
Moderator
Giga-posting ACO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,386
Getting too old is on a distinguished road
Default

Here you go, pages of duty belt stuff.
http://www.acofunstop.com/forums/sho...ight=duty+belt
__________________
There are no problems, only challenges and opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-14-2008
AC626's Avatar
AC626 AC626 is offline
Kennel Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 341
AC626 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old View Post
Here you go, pages of duty belt stuff.
http://www.acofunstop.com/forums/sho...ight=duty+belt
Thank you for the link. Looks like I am not authorized to view it. Perhaps you found it in the ACO-Only forums?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-14-2008
Getting too old's Avatar
Getting too old Getting too old is offline
Moderator
Giga-posting ACO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,386
Getting too old is on a distinguished road
Default

OK, I took most all of the lists, and edited them down to one long list.

Avid Minitracker
Cell phone
Pager
Leatherman
Treats pouch
Radio & pouch
MK4 pepper spray
Small leash pouch
Large leash pouch
Notebook holder
Camera
Key clip and shelter keys
Streamlight (night)
Net cutter and spare blades
Baton
Small flashlight (all the time)
A clip-on pouch that held syringes and drugs, to wear when tracking injured wildlife
PR-24 baton
21" ASP expandable lightweight baton
Handcuffs in a case with one pair of rubber gloves tucked inside the loops of the cuffs.
C/D cell flashlight ring on there at all times in case I need to carry around my flashlight that I normally keep in the truck
Second use for the C/D cell flashlight ring, the sprayer for the flea spray fits into it, so I can "holster" it after spraying down a dead deer, keeping both my hands free to drag the deer to the truck.
Leash pouch with cable leash (got that from ACES),
Dazer,
2 smith&wesson single edge folding knives
Key ring pouch w/ too many keys
Handcuff pouch with "dog cuffs" (leashes)
magazine pouch with an Uncle Hanry Bear Paw lockback knife
magazine pouch with a multi-tool
Katch-all pole "baton" clip
Nextel,
combo knife/mini-mag holder
Mag holder with a 4" gerber tactical knife
Latex Glove holder ( small of my back)
X- 26 Taser on Right side
EMS pouch with sissors(couple pair)
knife and window punch,
double glove case with 6 pair nytril golves (for the dead things)
Silent key holder
Shotgun shell pouch used to hold 6 shells in an open configuration now holds yummy chummy fishy smell dog treats in a Ziploc bag.
Audio cassette recorder holder.
__________________
There are no problems, only challenges and opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-14-2008
AC626's Avatar
AC626 AC626 is offline
Kennel Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 341
AC626 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old View Post
OK, I took most all of the lists, and edited them down to one long list.

Avid Minitracker
Cell phone
Pager
Leatherman
Treats pouch
Radio & pouch
MK4 pepper spray
Small leash pouch
Large leash pouch
Notebook holder
Camera
Key clip and shelter keys
Streamlight (night)
Net cutter and spare blades
Baton
Small flashlight (all the time)
A clip-on pouch that held syringes and drugs, to wear when tracking injured wildlife
PR-24 baton
21" ASP expandable lightweight baton
Handcuffs in a case with one pair of rubber gloves tucked inside the loops of the cuffs.
C/D cell flashlight ring on there at all times in case I need to carry around my flashlight that I normally keep in the truck
Second use for the C/D cell flashlight ring, the sprayer for the flea spray fits into it, so I can "holster" it after spraying down a dead deer, keeping both my hands free to drag the deer to the truck.
Leash pouch with cable leash (got that from ACES),
Dazer,
2 smith&wesson single edge folding knives
Key ring pouch w/ too many keys
Handcuff pouch with "dog cuffs" (leashes)
magazine pouch with an Uncle Hanry Bear Paw lockback knife
magazine pouch with a multi-tool
Katch-all pole "baton" clip
Nextel,
combo knife/mini-mag holder
Mag holder with a 4" gerber tactical knife
Latex Glove holder ( small of my back)
X- 26 Taser on Right side
EMS pouch with sissors(couple pair)
knife and window punch,
double glove case with 6 pair nytril golves (for the dead things)
Silent key holder
Shotgun shell pouch used to hold 6 shells in an open configuration now holds yummy chummy fishy smell dog treats in a Ziploc bag.
Audio cassette recorder holder.
Thank you! Hey I like that handcuff pouch with dog leashes idea, I think I'll try that, also, where can I ge the doggy treat holder?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-15-2008
Scooterchic's Avatar
Scooterchic Scooterchic is offline
Moderator
Giga-posting ACO
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tempe AZ
Posts: 1,596
Scooterchic is on a distinguished road
Default

Here you go homie.

http://www.chiefsupply.com/Duty_Gear...ies/Nylon/X588


http://www.galls.com/style.html?asso...og&style=NP252

As far as I know they do not make a "dog treat pouch" but both of this would work well. You do not what the "AccuMold" nylon for dog treats because you wont get much in there. Both of these are flexible nylon and should work well.

Cheers, Scooterchic
__________________
It's not a damn moped, it's a scooter!

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-15-2008
AC626's Avatar
AC626 AC626 is offline
Kennel Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 341
AC626 is on a distinguished road
Default

Thank you Scooterchic! Currently on my pants belt I have going clockwise: cell phone/ pouch, keys/silent key holder, small flashlight/case, nothing in the back and on my left side I have the Department radio and radio holder. I am going got add the doggie treat pouch and the doggie cuffs (handcuff puch with leashes) I am also going to get a duty belt to hold everything. When you are working, have dogs ever gone up to your belt because they smelled the dog treats?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-15-2008
mecritterlover's Avatar
mecritterlover mecritterlover is offline
Field Operative
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 279
mecritterlover is on a distinguished road
Default

Good Lord! If I carried even 1/2 that stuff, I wouldn't be able to stand upright! There is NO place left on my duty belt, and I only have 6 things on it! hehehe
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-15-2008
Learning To Fly Learning To Fly is offline
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 543
Learning To Fly is on a distinguished road
Default

My truck is PACKED with stuff, but my belt not so much...radio, wad of keys, pepper spray, leash, and pretty purple flashlight!
__________________
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.”
St Francis of Assisi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-15-2008
stmelangell's Avatar
stmelangell stmelangell is offline
Giga-posting ACO
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, Calif.
Posts: 4,150
stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC626 View Post
When you are working, have dogs ever gone up to your belt because they smelled the dog treats?
No, but here's a hint: do NOT store dog treats in your cargo pants pocket. Nothing like looking down to find a labrador trying to climb into your thigh pocket ...
__________________
Winnie

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2007 ACOFunStop.Com. All rights reserved.