Old 08-27-2008
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterchic View Post
Here is my story.

http://www.acofunstop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6317

And I need to clarify, it was not a chow chow. She was a pit bull mix but she learned that move "the chow roll" from the local chow chow gang called "food food".....
Thanks for clarifying, because man we wouldn't want anyone getting the idea that chows are bad news! We all know the last time a chow hurt anyone was ... well, whole hours ago, I'm sure. And I love the idea of a chow gang. I think I may need to make a t-shirt to go with my "alpha chow" hat ...

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 08-27-2008
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

Learning To Fly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVMAXINE View Post
We've had lawsuits where the owner was bitten by his own dog while doing so. We are seen as the experts, it's our job.
I am admittedly rather naive about a lot of things, but it would never occur to me to sue because my own dog bit me, regardless of the circumstances...but people sue over their coffee actually being hot (and win), so I guess it doesn't surprise me. I don't (knowingly) take owner relinquishes, only strays and quarantines, etc., so I don't have to deal with that incredibly often (we average just 16 bites a year in our town.) I may not change my method, but I will definitely keep this potential lawsuit thing in mind for the future, or maybe discuss it with our legals...this is one of the gajillion reasons I love this site...helps me learn to cover my just a little bit more!

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.”
St Francis of Assisi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Old 08-28-2008
Kennel Commander

BernCo_Geo is on a distinguished road

Bad situation for that ACO. Hope everything turned out ok for him. Just hit 2 years myself being an ACO. I have had several similuar situations just like that. But gotta give thanks to the old man here. He told me to Let the dog owner bring out the dogs to you. Then One by One take them into the unit. I wont enter a yard with more then 2 dogs in it by myself. If it takes a while for help to arrive. Then so be it.

Really sad to hear that happened to him. Another story to add to how serious this job could be. We have 2 new rookies on the job now. Just started 2 weeks back. Giving them stories about situations and seeing the looks on there faces are priceless. Kinda makes me think back "Dam was I like too?" lol