ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Ask the ACO

Old 08-27-2008
Giga-posting ACO

Sunny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloverConstable View Post
but there is the reality that bad things are happening to good animals and we just don't know about it,
Very true. The last spca that I worked for..which was in a rual area as well, a police officer had informed me that there was this guy who was keeping pit-bulls somewhere out in one of the forests.

No question is knowing that while yes we have a pit-bull ban here..he was using them for dog-fighting.

The police were trying to locate these dogs..but couldn't. Yes working in a rual area...people have many places to hide out and go unnoticed.

Sunny

"Saving just one pet won't change the world, but, surely the world will change for that one pet." You might be the only love they know in their life.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly

You can either be the cure or the disease.
Old 08-27-2008
Almighty ACO

kgill is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning To Fly View Post
If you did want to watch it, I believe it is being shown again Wednesday night-not sure what time, but I would guess 10:00pm?

It should be on Wednesdaynight at 9est time....
I watched it and really didn't learn anything new... other than I don't like the guy even more .... and that whole apology thing was a load a crap... the only thing he's sorry for is that fact that he got caught and his 'boyz' turned on him and ratted him out.. THAT i love... oh and the fact that 2oz of weed brought his down. Tha's karma, and she rocks!!
________

Last edited by kgill; 02-10-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-06-2008
Certified Posting ACO

cheetahrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default replayed tonight

I watched it.. mixed emotions.. Im not sure they can ever be totally rehabbed.. what rescue or shelter has the time, volunteers/staff to spend that mch time on a dog/dogs, to adopt them out?? to whom? AND not all pittys with problems come with $400,000 to back them up and pay for thier care and time and all else..
After that show was a Dog Whisperer episode with a pitty..it was somewhat succesfull as of now.. but those owner were exceptional.. 95% of people out there wont or cant follw thru with what it would take to do that.
And isnt it taking away from all the Good dogs who need more time to get adopted?
I just dont know.....
Old 09-15-2008
Field Operative

Connecticut AACO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Connecticut AACO Send a message via Yahoo to Connecticut AACO

I saw that show DOGTOWN, on National Geographic, where 21 of vicks dogs went to be rehabilitated, The part about removing the food agression, and using that disk with the dog sounds on it to help dogs that are scared to death of people, was very interesting.