ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Ask the ACO

Old 07-23-2008
Giga-posting ACO

ILUVMAXINE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ILUVMAXINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old View Post
I went to a class on Emu wrangling once. The suggested method for moving an Emu is to approach it from behind, grab the wings and putt its butt right up into your crotch, then lean over it and walk it wherever you want to go. I hope nobody reading this post thinks that I would ever be seen walking down the street with an Emu in that particular position.
I have been there and done that. For all you Emu virgins a word of advice. Only try this if your legs can still touch the ground once your on...No I'm not telling the rest of this story.
Old 07-23-2008
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Oh, come ON now. You can't just stop there ....

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 07-23-2008
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

Learning To Fly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have been there and done that. For all you Emu virgins a word of advice. Only try this if your legs can still touch the ground once your on...No I'm not telling the rest of this story
I'm having visions of the ostrich-racing scene from Swiss Family Robinson (am I showing my age just there?)

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.”
St Francis of Assisi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Old 07-24-2008
Provisional Posting ACO

Officer Friendly is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Officer Friendly

Really busted a gut reading ACO 2642 embarressing list back in the day of the original telling of the swimming pool incident. It's a couple down from that one.
Old 07-24-2008
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning To Fly View Post
I'm having visions of the ostrich-racing scene from Swiss Family Robinson (am I showing my age just there?)
I will if you will. I was so into that movie!!! The anaconda thing gave me nightmares for weeks.

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 07-24-2008
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

Learning To Fly is on a distinguished road

I totally wanted the 'master' (?) bedroom...I still harbor secret dreams of living in a treehouse someday!

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.”
St Francis of Assisi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Old 08-20-2008
Kennel Commander

AC626 is on a distinguished road

Yesterday was my training and we were on a call of a stray dog. We were on a residential street looking for the dog. We were climbing on a slanted bed of grass that was pretty steep and hard to climb up. Well I nearly slipped and fell on the way up but I caught myself. We finally made it to the top and didn't see the dog. On the way down I felt confident that I had made it up but my confidence made me slip so I slid down and landed on my rear end. Well I wasn't hurt but I was embarassed especially with it being my training.
Old 08-20-2008
Forum Friend

DCACC is on a distinguished road

Don't feel badly. First week on the job. Nice new animal control truck with the spiffy lights on top. Called to court, so of course I go to park in the garage only to whack that nice light bar right off the top as I drove right past the parking for ACO vehicles sign right in front. Doh !
Old 08-20-2008
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC626 View Post
On the way down I felt confident that I had made it up but my confidence made me slip so I slid down and landed on my rear end. Well I wasn't hurt but I was embarassed especially with it being my training.
Back in the days when I used to work for a living, I was training a guy on doing drainage control. We were on a fairly steep creek bank, and I was warning him to watch out for debris under the grass that might be slick. Just then, I stepped on a moss covered board that was buried in the grass, and slid all the way to the bottom of the bank.

I always did like to use examples when I teach.
Old 08-20-2008
Kennel Commander

AC626 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I am hoping to not make any more errors. On the bright side I did catch the dog by myself. It felt great my 1st day on volunteer training and I caught the dog. it was medium sized shep. mix. The ACO even let me fill out the report when we turned the animal in to the local Humane Society.