ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Ask the ACO

Old 07-19-2008
Kennel Commander

BernCo_Geo is on a distinguished road
Default Embarrassing Moments on the job?

*Sry if this topic exsists. Couldnt locate it thru the search option*

Just the other day in the office. We were talking about embarrassing moments that have happened to us. From an officer knocking on the door and a large man coming out in just his whitey tighties. To another Roping a bull and holding on. lol

One of my most embarrassing moments. Only 2 months on the job. Our boss asked us to go on a sweep of the mountains. We had been getting alot of loose dogs complaints. We show up with 8 officers patrolling the area. Well one officer decides he was close enough to a home where he needed to do a follow up.

We get to the property and make contact with the defendant. The puppy she owned had gotten out of her yard and bit the kid next door. The pup was about 4 months old. Mix breed, very friendly as well. She came up and I played around with her for a few seconds. Well they began to discuss some important matters and I was focussed in on the conversation. Well i heard a noise and immediately looked down. There she was just finishing peeing on my pant leg. I pulled my leg back and the dog just looked and me and walked away.

For the next 2 weeks I couldnt hear the end of it. Thank god we have had a few more officers around here do some really funny things.
Old 07-19-2008
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

I could swear I started a thread about this a while back, but I canít find it now.

Iíve posted the cow story a couple of times, but itís a slow day here, so what the heck. As a brash young rookie I was trying to catch any and everything I saw. I passed by a house one day that was up on a hill, and it was a really steep and pretty tall incline from the street to the yard. There was a Saint Bernard laying on the edge of the yard at the top of the hill.

I got out with my leash and pole and started climbing the hill, being careful not to scare the dog. As I topped the hill, I found myself amongst Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, 3 wise men, some camels and sheep and one very Saint Bernardish looking plastic cow. At that point I went back down the hill, much faster than I went up it, got in the truck and left before anybody saw me.

Another story that I have never posted was the time I had been driving around drinking a Coke. I pulled into the sally port, closed the door, got out and let loose with one really loud, really long, Texas sized burp. As burping is considered a competitive sport in Texas, I thought nothing about it, until people came out of the shelter to see if I needed any help. They had heard the burp, and thought I was fighting with a very large dog.
Old 07-20-2008
Giga-posting ACO

ILUVMAXINE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ILUVMAXINE

One of mine involved trying really really hard not to show that I was embarrased.

I was called out late one night to the hospital for a dog bite report. I show up at the ER, ask where the victim is and they just point to a room. Second on the left they say. The door was open so I just walked in and there my victim lay in all his glory with his testicles soaking in Betadine.

Somebody could have at least given me some advanced notice. He didn't seem to mind at all. I had to follow the form I generally knew by heart just to keep focused on the task. So I get to the box that asks where on the body the injury is and I start having visions of someone at the office asking me if I had visually confirmed the bite. Sure enough...

I'm sure I have other stories.

Oh yeah, there was that time when I responded to a "dog in the trap" call. I get the dog, a red heeler, on the catch pole, open the release door and the dog flys out of there right between my legs. I fall on my ass and end up sitting on the catch pole. Glad no one saw that. Hey at least I didn't loose the dog. And I learned something that day. Like how not to remove a dog from a trap.
Old 07-21-2008
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Here's the thread from before:

http://www.acofunstop.com/forums/sho...=swimming+pool

But, what the heck, the more threads the merrier. And this is one of those subjects that could go on, and on, and on ... because if we can't laugh at ourselves, who the heck can??

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 07-21-2008
Probationary Trainee

AZRiverRotts is on a distinguished road

LOL @ the large "St. Bernard" on the hill!
Old 07-22-2008
Giga-posting ACO

aco30l13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to aco30l13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmelangell View Post

But, what the heck, the more threads the merrier. And this is one of those subjects that could go on, and on, and on ... because if we can't laugh at ourselves, who the heck can??
Just had to resurrect that thread huh? Bring back the swimming pool story as it was starting to fade into history, thanks Winnie. LOL
-American Indian Proverb

After dark all cats are leopards.
-American Indian Proverb,
Old 07-22-2008
Field Operative

4myella is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, this one is hard! MOST embarrasing..... Myself and my FTO were after a dog on the interstate. I was trying to climb down a very steep ravine using my pole to keep the vines and thorns away. I thought that if I stood up on a fallen tree I could jump down to the clearing where the dog was watching me from. My FRO had gone around the back side. So I Step up onto the tree and grab a branch to staedy myself. I put the branch behind me because it was in the way and it slapped my butt and I tucked and rolled. My FTO said it looked like 2 gorillas in the jungle because of the trees shaking.
Old 07-22-2008
Giga-posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aco30l13 View Post
Just had to resurrect that thread huh? Bring back the swimming pool story as it was starting to fade into history, thanks Winnie. LOL
Well, you know I had to search for "swimming pool" to look it up. That story has passed into ACO legend ... it'll be famous for as long as there are ACOs to be grateful it wasn't them. And I love it. It's so ... me!!!

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 07-22-2008
Provisional Posting ACO

tmirra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmelangell View Post

Well I tried to read it but got a page that said I can't. Maybe one day soon.

Tami

There is no such thing as a BAD dog,
Its is only BAD Owners
Old 07-22-2008
Giga-posting ACO

Sorry, Tami, it's in the ACO only section, I guess. You've pm'd for access, right? If not, now's the time!