ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 04-19-2011
Shelter Survivor

fyrdawg207 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
shawnee2630
What is a felony citation?? here we have infraction and misdi citation...but felony you are taken to jail
ummm.... We can issue a summons for murder here . The only thing we have to make a physical arrest for is domestic violence.

Quote:
gorillamel
I was wondering how many of you have "Animal Control" indicated somewhere on your uniform?
I wear the same uniform as patrol. The badges for the dept have a spot that identifies your assignment or rank, that is the only spot that says animal control on my uniform.
Old 04-19-2011
Probationary Trainee

lancasterACO is on a distinguished road

In Lancaster, we wear Polo shirts with Animal Servies on them, and the city Logo. Our badges are worn on our belt.
Old 04-19-2011
Provisional Posting ACO

gorillamel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acofred View Post
So I decided screw it, if I'm not an Animal Control Officer, I'm not gonna try to look like one; I'll stick with the jeans and janitor shirt. Oh yeah, by the way, when I asked for the new uniform, Public Works Director said, "What, are you trying to look like a cop?" He's a jackwagon...
Booo. Yeah, gotta love the ins and outs of bureaucrats and the hodge podge involved therein. I am sorry you are caught in the throes of it.

I am quite interested in the external vests that have been mentioned on here (and I apologise if this is not the place to talk about it). Our PD is considering them for the whole fleet (patrol/ACOs).

Thanks for the responses. I was just curious if our uniforms were out of the norm or not. And I did clarify if I am sworn- ACOs here are sworn officers, but we have to go through POST before being allowed to carry sidearms.
Old 04-21-2011
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

When I came to work for my present city we were in cheap looking cargo pants and even cheaper looking, semitransparent, easily torn polo shirts that were supplied by a uniform rental company. When I hired in my Lt at the time wanted to go to button down shirts and I agreed assuming we would get PD style shirts with military press and epaulets, but we ended up with some utilitarian looking mechanics shirts.

The laundry service keeps losing our shirts, with badges sewn on them, so the Chief is not happy with several unaccounted for complete uniform shirts floating around, so he wants to cancel the contract. My current LT had me do a cost comparison between the contract cost and buying 5.11 polos and tactical pants from the local uniform supplier, so I did that and never heard back.

Our current Chief is an interim Chief and the new Chief takes over on the 26th, so they had decided to let the new Chief make the decision. Reportedly the new Chief is really BIG on appearance, and our current uniforms are universally described as looking like crap, so by May 1 it could all be different.
Old 04-21-2011
Kennel Commander

halfacop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillamel View Post
I am quite interested in the external vests that have been mentioned on here (and I apologise if this is not the place to talk about it). Our PD is considering them for the whole fleet (patrol/ACOs).
Here's the latest thread discusing the external vest carriers in case you hadn't seen it....

http://www.acofunstop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55984
Old 04-21-2011
Kennel Commander

halfacop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old View Post
When I came to work for my present city we were in cheap looking cargo pants and even cheaper looking, semitransparent, easily torn polo shirts that were supplied by a uniform rental company. When I hired in my Lt at the time wanted to go to button down shirts and I agreed assuming we would get PD style shirts with military press and epaulets, but we ended up with some utilitarian looking mechanics shirts.

The laundry service keeps losing our shirts, with badges sewn on them, so the Chief is not happy with several unaccounted for complete uniform shirts floating around, so he wants to cancel the contract. My current LT had me do a cost comparison between the contract cost and buying 5.11 polos and tactical pants from the local uniform supplier, so I did that and never heard back.

Our current Chief is an interim Chief and the new Chief takes over on the 26th, so they had decided to let the new Chief make the decision. Reportedly the new Chief is really BIG on appearance, and our current uniforms are universally described as looking like crap, so by May 1 it could all be different.
Interesting how this is sooooooooo very the same as the situation at my department.

Funny how us little ole' officers actually know what we're talking about huh? LOL
Old 04-23-2011
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

I came in late on this thread and I have just now been reading over the earlier postings and responses. I have not had a shirt with a patch in so long I canít honestly remember what they said. Iím pretty sure at my first city we had the same PD patch the officers wore. I donít remember the badge, but I think it said Animal Control Officer on it.

At my second city they were of the opinion that since I was not the police, it was illegal for me to have ANYTHING on my uniform that said police, so my patches and badge both said animal control. Around 2000 is when almost everybody went from standard uniform shirts to polo shirts, and my polos had the city name with Animal Control embroidered on the left chest and my name on the right.

When I came to work here we were in the same thing, but as I said earlier my Lt. wanted us in button down shirts. The button down has a sewn on badge with ACO on the top rocker and our names are embroidered with ACO (officerís name).