ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 09-07-2007
Shelter Survivor

dbaty is on a distinguished road
Default My Progress Report!!

Well yesterday my Occupational Therapist (Lisa) let me remove my splint. Now if I could only make a fist. I guess the old saying is true, if you don't use it you will lose it. It's really frustrating right now and I'm so ready to get back to work. I'm attaching a pic of my splint. Remember one thing here, this accident or attack whatever you want to call it, took just a matter of seconds. It has been 7 weeks today since I was injured and I'm still not 100%. My Doc told me it will take at least 12 weeks for a full recovery. That's the easy part, the mental is something else I'm dealing with. Getting used to being around certain dogs is gonna be an uphill battle. But I will make it in time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT2008.JPG (47.2 KB, 31 views)

---------------------------------------------------

Progress stops at the Cemetary.
Old 09-07-2007
Forum Friend

supersig is on a distinguished road
Default Time

Time does heal ALL wounds. I believe that someone famous said that. The mental is always the tough part. We can support you with anything that you need. Like i said when you were first hurt. That could be mine (or any one elses arm). Just know that the forum is here.
I shot the ALBATROSS
Old 09-07-2007
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Better and better and better .... you will return to chasing the wild doggies, and you will be doing them the good of it. And, speaking from personal experience, it will be even more fun when you get back, 'cause there's that extra frisson of "wow, I'm lucky -- I might have never been able to work again" in the back of your head. Oh, and say wonderful thank yous to your doctors now, because later you'll be too busy.

And the mental thing is weird, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how soon life will feel normal again. It took a while, but I was.

(P.S., had to smile ... when they took my hand out of the cast after that accident two years ago, the guy said was "Don't try to make a fist" ... which, of course, was the first thing (instinctive, I guess) that I did, and did it hurt like h-e-doubletoothpicks, or what? Yes it did. So don't do dat.)

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 09-07-2007
Giga-posting ACO

Sunny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunny

Happy to hear that you are recovering well Dbaty. Take Care.

Sunny

"Saving just one pet won't change the world, but, surely the world will change for that one pet." You might be the only love they know in their life.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly

You can either be the cure or the disease.
Old 09-18-2007
Certified Posting ACO

David Sharples is on a distinguished road
Default You will make it

I had an accident (not working in this field) 7 years ago. I tore my right biceps muscle off. Had to have the arm reconstructed. It was a year of casts, braces, physical therapy etc. My right arm has over time become the stronger of the 2 arms again (I am right handed), I have full range of motion, 100% recovery of gross and fine motor skills. Don't get down and don't think "It'll never be right", you keep doing the therapy and keep the right frame of mind and you will be 100% physically and mentally in time. Besides after a few beers you will have some cool scars and the story to go with them. Chin up buddy, your healing everyday.