ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Job Openings

Old 05-21-2008
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road
Default City of Frisco

A new position was created and we are attempting to find someone within a half hour on call response time radius that has some Animal Control experience. The application is done online through Monster.com. The link for Frisco Human Resources is below.
https://friscotexas.tms.hrdepartment.../a/alljobs.cgi

Sincerely,
Mike Hansen, Senior Animal Control Officer
City of Frisco
Planning and Development Services Department
6101 Frisco Square Blvd.
Frisco, Texas 75034
Office (972) 292-5303
Fax (972) 292-5388
mhansen@friscotexas.gov
Old 05-21-2008
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

I was all set to hop on the thread and rant about, "And don't call it Frisco!" (which is a San Franciscan's constant gripe about tourists.) And, lo and behold, it IS Frisco! Good luck in your search ...

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 05-21-2008
Giga-posting ACO

I must say that I agree about the nick names. My city doesnít actually have a nick name, but it is very similar to another area city, so about half of my phone calls are actually for them.

All three of my actual names consist of 4 letters, not to say that I have 3 four letter words for names, just that they consist of 4 letters each. I donít acknowledge my middle name (I never liked it) and you would be surprised at how many ways people can screw up the other two.

Iím in my high school junior year book twice, and they misspelled my names both times. I would have thought that if the name on the pictures didnít match the name on the roll they would have corrected it. But NO, when the name on the roll wasnít checked off as having a picture, they told me that it didnít come out and I had to retake it.

My bro-in-law even gave me a belt with my name misspelled on it. Iíve learned to just accept it and go on, but I do try to get other folks names right. After all, that is about the only thing in life that is uniquely yours.
Old 05-21-2008
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Yeah, the whole name thing pushes my buttons too, of course, with a name like "Winnie." Between the oh-my-god-get-a-life "winnie-the-pooh" jokes and the ignorant (or snide) people spelling it "Whiney" -- ARRRRGH. My only consolation is that my sister has it worse (hers is "Siobhan," pronounced Shove-on).

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 05-21-2008
Giga-posting ACO

My dadís middle name was Lafayette. How does a farm boy from southern Missouri, with every name in the family tree being of Scottish decent, end up with a name like Lafayette?

Of course one of the worst Iíve seen, other than Dweezil or Moon Unit Zappa, was a woman named Ura, who married a dude with the last name of Belcher, and now she introduces herself she as Ura Belcher (Youíre a belcher).
Old 05-22-2008
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

Learning To Fly is on a distinguished road

I have always wondered how to pronounce 'Siobhan' -- it's a neat-looking name, but I never would have guessed that was how it was pronounced! My name is not that uncommon-Kristin-but I continue to be amazed at the many ways people find to mispronounce it...your sister must have learned to respond to just about anything that started with an 's' during roll call in school...as well as learned a great deal of patience!

ďNot to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.Ē
St Francis of Assisi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Old 05-22-2008
Giga-posting ACO

ILUVMAXINE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ILUVMAXINE

I delivered a trap to a person named Uri Cocka. I wouldn't want that one.

I see there is also a Frisco, Colorado. I just saw an animal cruelty class being offered there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old View Post
My dadís middle name was Lafayette. How does a farm boy from southern Missouri, with every name in the family tree being of Scottish decent, end up with a name like Lafayette?

Of course one of the worst Iíve seen, other than Dweezil or Moon Unit Zappa, was a woman named Ura, who married a dude with the last name of Belcher, and now she introduces herself she as Ura Belcher (Youíre a belcher).
Old 05-22-2008
Giga-posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning To Fly View Post
My name is not that uncommon-Kristin-but I continue to be amazed at the many ways people find to mispronounce it.
Do you have problems with the spelling? My daughterís name is Kristina, and even if we write it down and give it to people, they still spell it Christina.
Old 05-22-2008
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

Learning To Fly is on a distinguished road

Oh, yesssss...it doesn't bother me, but I have had my name spelled just about every way you can imagine! I once answered someone's question about how to spell my name by telling them it is Kristin with a 'K'...so they wrote Kchristine Even my grandmother spelled it different on my birthday card every year! Now when someone asks if my name is spelled such-and-such a way, I generally just say, 'Close enough.'

To add to the spelling fun, I grew up with a cousin, two years younger than me, same last name, first name Kristina...yea, that was confusing!

ďNot to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.Ē
St Francis of Assisi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Old 05-22-2008
Giga-posting ACO

If I wanted to go back to the Scottish spelling of my last name I could just add a Mac or Mc and it would be reasonably close. However, If I really wanted to screw with some people, I could go back to Gaelic where it was spelled MacBheathain