ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Ask the ACO

Old 02-12-2011
Forum Friend

1xOscar88 is on a distinguished road
Question registered Vet Tech Certificate requirement for job?

I have filled out an application in which it had me answer an acknowledgement that the job requires that I will ~have to~ "obtain a Registered Veternary Technician Certificate". Not that I have to currently have one, but must obtain one. The person I need to talk with, will be on vacation until after this position has closed, and since this is a temporary position, I am confused.
Can anyone give me some idea what they are after? (IE just a certificate to show I am capable of Euthanization and ok to carry narcotic on duty??) The only "certificates" I am aware of, involves several years of training and College and degrees to obtain. This makes no sence for a temp. job.
Any thoughts?
Old 02-12-2011
Giga-posting ACO

DRNEGRIN6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DRNEGRIN6

The only Veterinary Technician certificate that I know of, at least in NJ, is a two-year program (unless they do it differently with the on-line course that someone told me about). They probably want you to know drawing blood, euthanasia, holding techniques, medicating animals, etc.

To be honest, I hired one person who was "certified". She only had the book knowledge but could not do anything herself. What a waste. I would apply and tell them the skills you have and see if it matches what they want. What do you have to lose?