ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 02-06-2011
Kennel Commander

ErinKelleher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ErinKelleher Send a message via Yahoo to ErinKelleher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caninelaw View Post
Well its a bone chilling 61 here and sunny right now. Was down to 41 this morning...41! Damn! Supposed to be about 73 by Sunday. I hate this winter chill!

BTW - what's all that white and wet lookin' stuff in your picture there.....
HAHAHAHA!! I was gonna go there too!! graveyard at 39 degrees in Long Beach, and I'm so cold I'm wearing thermals...I only regret it when It's time to go home and it's already 70!! LOL

I'm really really sorry for everyone who got hit with that storm...but us Californians just aren't use to ANYTHING dropping below like 60, LoL...unless we go to the mountains...we GO TO the snow....snow does not come to us.

STAY WARM!!
Old 02-06-2011
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

acofred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinKelleher View Post
39 degrees in Long Beach, and I'm so cold I'm wearing thermals...
We don't break out the thermals unless it's below zero and windy. At least I don't.
Old 02-06-2011
Giga-posting ACO

DRNEGRIN6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DRNEGRIN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-SPCA View Post
doc were you out near cornell? I think they are the only ones who still do the mail drops...

GO CU! Yes, up in Ithaca it was really bad. Put it this way, the main road leading to the airport only had one traffic light and when I was up there, we did not even have 911. To get a police report for a car accident, you had to call the State Troopers. Yikes!

There are some areas up there that if you drive by, the cows actually cross in front of your car. You have to literally go out of your car and move them so that you can drive by.

I went up to visit a few years ago. They finally got a 911 system, or something equivalent. They have a few cell towers near by but there are some areas where there is no reception. Still have a lot of kinks to get them up to modern society.
Old 02-07-2011
Kennel Commander

ErinKelleher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ErinKelleher Send a message via Yahoo to ErinKelleher

Quote:
Originally Posted by acofred View Post
We don't break out the thermals unless it's below zero and windy. At least I don't.
Exactly why I put it...I use to think I handled cold so well...then I strated comparing what I THOUGHT was cold...to what other poeple were dealing with...now I think i'm just a complainer, haha. In fact, I was actually complaining that it was too hot, because it got to 77 degrees in the day...but I'm never too happy with the weather...It it would stay 65-70 at all times, I would be a happy camper.
Old 02-17-2011
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

acofred is on a distinguished road

One week ago Bartlesville, in Northeastern Oklahoma, saw low temps of -28. Today their high was 82. That's a 110 degree swing! INSANITY!!!
Old 02-18-2011
Almighty ACO

UCDW880 is on a distinguished road

Its crazy windy here today and lovely warm, but the ice was the worst I've ever seen in Ohio. It took me until noon just to feed the horses on the first day of the ice storm. I used my lab and my weim to lean on and they slowly led me to the barn. There was just no way to walk there and stay upright! The horses were very mad and unhappy about the ice. They have a 15 X 30 foot run inside the barn but spend most of their time outside usually. My 28 yo banged his head in frustration at me on about the third day of the ice storm! Stinker!
Large branches took out three fence boards off my horse fence and a section of my "puppy pen". No animals were freed by the falling trees. I just had to lock the dog door closed for a couple days. I think we'll be able to break out the chain saw this weekend without falling on the ice.
The night of the storm it sounded like fireworks and gunshots echoing down the river valley as branches cracked and fell all night. Very scary.
Dogs, horses and people all fared well!
Old 02-18-2011
Certified Posting ACO

caffiend42 is on a distinguished road

We've just gone through cyclone carlos (hurricane to you) and have had record breaking rain. My suburb got 332 mm in 24 hours. Can't remember the last time I saw the sun! We have another 10 weeks of wet season, and are pretty close to breaking the all time season record of over 3000 mm of rain.