ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 02-03-2011
Kennel Commander

halfacop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ice/Wind/Rain/Winter Apocalypse 2011 - ACO Wellness Check

Those of you in the path of destruction, sound off.

Central Indiana:
2ish Inches Ice
1ish Inches Snow
No Work in the past 2 days
Level 1 (No travel) Weather Emergency for 2 days, extended to mid Thursday

I have been sick for the last 3 days. Court Case for Friday got cancelled. GO back to work on Saturday so hopefully the majority of roads will be "decent"........
Old 02-03-2011
Forum Friend

Location: From NYC then was cop in FLA moved to TX and love protecting animals
dogcop51 is on a distinguished road
Default Ice Ice Baby

2 ish Inches of Ice im in Dallas TX and visiting in laws and stuck til Sat when it soars to 54F
Old 02-03-2011
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

acofred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfacop View Post
Those of you in the path of destruction, sound off.

Central Indiana:
2ish Inches Ice
1ish Inches Snow
No Work in the past 2 days
Level 1 (No travel) Weather Emergency for 2 days, extended to mid Thursday

I have been sick for the last 3 days. Court Case for Friday got cancelled. GO back to work on Saturday so hopefully the majority of roads will be "decent"........
You've got to be kidding me...2 inches ice and 1 inch snow, and they shut down? HAHAHA!! Try 18 combined inches of ice, sleet and snow in a 24 hour period...IN OKLAHOMA!! Drifts to 4 feet. Been driving snowplows and backhoes 12 on, 12 off. Going to the shelter daily to clean and feed. Responded to one idiot that set a trap and caught a possum the night before the blizzard hit. Poor thing was completely buried in snow. Nice and warm now in the shelter with food, water and bed. I know, it's a possum...but you still can't be cruel.
Old 02-03-2011
Field Operative

Tricia is on a distinguished road

Central Arkansas got passed up by this one! (Yay!) Although it has been snowing off and on for the last 48 hours - it has been extremely light and not sticking. This morning, I had a snow flake get stuck upright on my door trim...it was really cool! He was just standing there upright until I had to start moving when the light changed to green. First time I have ever seen that. It was awesome.
Old 02-03-2011
Almighty ACO

Caninelaw is on a distinguished road

Well its a bone chilling 61 here and sunny right now. Was down to 41 this morning...41! Damn! Supposed to be about 73 by Sunday. I hate this winter chill!

BTW - what's all that white and wet lookin' stuff in your picture there.....
Old 02-03-2011
Provisional Posting ACO

Sideshow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acofred View Post
You've got to be kidding me...2 inches ice and 1 inch snow, and they shut down? HAHAHA!! Try 18 combined inches of ice, sleet and snow in a 24 hour period...IN OKLAHOMA!! Drifts to 4 feet. Been driving snowplows and backhoes 12 on, 12 off. Going to the shelter daily to clean and feed. Responded to one idiot that set a trap and caught a possum the night before the blizzard hit. Poor thing was completely buried in snow. Nice and warm now in the shelter with food, water and bed. I know, it's a possum...but you still can't be cruel.
Yeah, you tell 'em Fred! LOL The past few days have sucked. We got 12.1" of just snow here in OKC. Luckily I've been off so, I got to ride it out at home. Unfortunately, my wife's a nurse so she HAD to go in.
Old 02-03-2011
Kennel Commander

halfacop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by acofred View Post

Hey - trust me I think its rediculous as well. I'm orginally from Michigan, so this is no big deal. The problem is this place seriously doesn't know what to do when they get hit. They start acting like retards with 2 inch's of snow, you make it ice and watch out for pure Stupidity!
Old 02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfacop View Post
Hey - trust me I think its rediculous as well. I'm orginally from Michigan, so this is no big deal. The problem is this place seriously doesn't know what to do when they get hit. They start acting like retards with 2 inch's of snow, you make it ice and watch out for pure Stupidity!
I bet the Amish up in Elkhart County don't let 2" stop them...gotta keep building them RVs and travel trailers...
Old 02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
Yeah, you tell 'em Fred! LOL The past few days have sucked. We got 12.1" of just snow here in OKC. Luckily I've been off so, I got to ride it out at home. Unfortunately, my wife's a nurse so she HAD to go in.
The Tulsa area not only broke the all-time record for a 24-hour event in ANY month, but also the total February record...in the first half of the first day!
Old 02-03-2011
Giga-posting ACO

DRNEGRIN6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DRNEGRIN6

Hey, I'm having to deal with snow stacked up in piles (from the back hoes, snow plows, etc.) that are taller than me in some areas. Very hard to get the car out of my hospital drive way without getting hit by another car during the day; at least at night the other cars' headlights tell me and my clients that someone is coming. By the way, the snow is so bad that the only way to get out of my driveway from the parking lot is by backing out of the parking spaces, down the driveway and into the street. My hospital is off one of the main roads in town. My partner was at my office recently; I had to stop the traffic to get her out of the driveway since we had a dog in a carrier and she was backing out into rush hour traffic. Not fun.

I'm used to the snow since this is what it was like in upstate NY where I went to school. I have not seen snow like this in NJ since I was a kid.