Default Franklin County, Ohio-ACO

FRANKLIN COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF
ANIMAL CARE AND CONTROL
1731 Alum Creek Drive
Columbus, OH 43207

J O B A N N O U N C E M E N T

POSITION TITLE: Deputy Warden (Bargaining Unit) PCN: 072014

SUPERVISOR: Field Supervisor

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Enforce laws pertaining to the control and licensing of dogs. Other duties include radio dispatching and representing the agency in community relations activities.

Shift is from 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. or 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. with days off given during the week. Overtime, holiday and on-call duties as necessary at times.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and to read and write common vocabulary plus: 100 hours training in caring for and handling healthy and diseased animals (or 1 month experience). Valid Ohio Driver’s license. Prefer high school diploma or GED, a good driving record and previous experience in law enforcement and/or a background in dealing with animals.

SCREENING CRITERIA:
• Training in handling animals
• Valid Ohio Driver’s License

DEADLINE FOR APPLYING: Friday, November 16, 2007

STARTING SALARY: $11.44/hour, plus a 55-cent shift differential for second shift or a 60-cent shift differential for third shift. An extremely generous benefits package is offered with this position.

If interested, please send application/resume to the Franklin County Human Resources Department, 373 S. High Street, 25th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215.

-EOE-

10/29/2007
Old 11-05-2007
Almighty ACO

UCDW880 is on a distinguished road

No responses to Dave's post? I swear he's not too horrid of a boss
Actually, he lives down the road from me and is a dear friend, so I can't pick on him too much.
Franklin County is a large, very busy county if you're looking for a job with lots of action and plenty of big, challenging dogs.

MB
Old 11-06-2007
Certified Posting ACO

chuck2858 is on a distinguished road
sounds like a great opportunity for someone. afraid my wife might have something to say about moving to the midwest, and it would probably be very load too.

a goat is natures ultimate weed manager

Beware of Goats LOL They are smarter than they look!!
Old 11-07-2007
Almighty ACO

Chuck, I think I'd stick with Idaho! I have a friend who lives in the Snake River area of Idaho. I looked into moving there once. What a beautiful state!

Ohio has lots of pluses and its been home to me all my life, but Columbus isn't the most beautiful part of it all.

MB
Old 01-10-2008

TOPDOG2E is on a distinguished road

JUST WOMDERING IF YOUR STILL HIRING I'M A DEPUTY WARDEN FROM NE OHIO W/ 5 YRS ON THE JOB
Old 01-16-2008
Giga-posting ACO

ILUVMAXINE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ILUVMAXINE

Yes, but can you do arithmetic? Sorry, I'm still wiping away tears of laughter over the minimum requirements.
Old 01-17-2008
Forum Friend

tinners204 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to tinners204 Send a message via Yahoo to tinners204

I wish our job postings had some of those requirements listed. That's great...I hope it doesn't exclude too many people from being able to apply. I especially like the "ability to read and write common vocabulary" part of it. Basic math is a plus in this line of work.
Old 01-17-2008
Almighty ACO

I don't think Dave gets on this list very often, but I'm pretty sure that there is a current posting for a position. They would love to get an experienced ACO apply. And there's lots less snow in Central Ohio than NE Ohio! Trust me on that, I grew up in Mentor in Lake County.
Try calling 614-462-3400 and ask them for the phone number for Human Resources or just ask them what time the latest job posting closes.

MB
Old 01-17-2008

TOPDOG2E is on a distinguished road

i work for mahoning county just wondering do you investigate crulty and dog fighting.

sean
Old 01-18-2008
Almighty ACO

Sean, its been nearly 10 years since I worked for FCAC, but they do investigate dog fighting with the help of a Sheriff's Special Investigations Unit. Cruelty is sometimes handled by supervisors, but Deputy Dog Wardens do not have to investigate cruelty(its a union job so there's lots the union says you don't have to do). There is a county humane society that is supposed to deal with the cruelty.
Its a large department, I think they have close to 20 deputy dog wardens. They do not carry firearms. Mostly urban/suburban, a wee bit of rural areas.

MB