ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Ask the ACO

Old 09-01-2010
Provisional Posting ACO

Sideshow is on a distinguished road
Default Badge Bunnies

So, I was having a discussion with some friends about badge bunnies and LEO's. And after my experiences as a security officer and detention officer, my feeling is it has less to do with the job and more to do with the LE-style uniform but, what I was wondering is do other professions (ie...EMS, Fire, ACO) have these groupies? And what's wrong with these people?
Old 09-01-2010
Kennel Commander

AC626 is on a distinguished road

I've heard that badge bunnies do exist for ACOs. Even though I'm a volunteer, I am in an animal control uniform with a badge and I have yet to experience a badge bunny, but like I've said, other ACOs have confirmed that they do exist.
Old 09-02-2010
Giga-posting ACO

Scooterchic is on a distinguished road

HA HA HA! I had a couple of incidents while on duty. 1st I was taking a quick bathroom break at a fast food joint and in full duty gear. I had my outer carrier, packed duty belt, hat, the whole 9 yards. I walk past a table with three what I guess are 15 year old boys with razor scooters. I pay no mind until one says "Oh damn! I love a women in uniform!".

I just kept walking thinking a I broke the law just by hearing that! I mean really? What do you say to that?

The 2nd was again at a fast food joint and again I was taking a bathroom break but this time I wanted some hot tasty french fries. While waiting for my order there was a security guard who was checking me out while waiting for his food. When his order came up, he grabbed his food, walks over to me and says "I have to say, I have seen some damn fine looking cops but your are definitely the 2nd finest I have ever seen." Then walks away..

Was that an insult or a compliment?

Cheers, Scooterchic

Old 09-02-2010
Provisional Posting ACO

Sideshow is on a distinguished road

Hahahahaha!!! Maybe the first ones were hoping for an upgrade from their Razors.

I can't talk though, one of the security companies I worked for had a post at a ghetto apartment complex and there was a cracked out....thing....who would basically act as our eyes and ears. Well, she always tried to get me to, for lack of a better word, "pay up" for the info she'd give me. Ugh...my skin still crawls thinking of her

I also for some reason seemed to attract gay men. LOL
Old 09-02-2010
Certified Posting ACO

TollandAC is on a distinguished road

"do other professions (ie...EMS, Fire, ACO) have these groupies"

I know for sure that FF's do... I have to work with them, LOL!!
Old 09-02-2010
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

acofred is on a distinguished road

My wife used to date a cop, but denied being a badge bunny. Then I found out there were 2 other cops and a firefighter...BUSTED!

All of this was before I met her, mind you...

And she was a reserve cop for part of that time...so I dunno if that counts...
Old 09-02-2010
Giga-posting ACO

DRNEGRIN6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DRNEGRIN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
SI was wondering is do other professions (ie...EMS, Fire, ACO) have these groupies? And what's wrong with these people?
About 10 years ago, I had a client (mother) come in with son and dog to my veterinary practice. I was working on the dog and had to admit it to the hospital. They were to come back several hours later once the dog woke up from the procedure.

When they came back for the dog, the mother tells me that her son was wondering if I would consider dating him. I knew the son looked young. (I was in my late 20's possibly early 30's when this occurred.) I asked her how old was her son and how old did she think I was? She told me her son was 15 years old. I told her that I was old enough to be his mother. She quickly took the dog out of the office and never mentioned it again.

I can see a teenager falling for a doctor, or other professional, but how does the mother act as the middle man in such a situation?
Old 09-02-2010
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

acofred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNEGRIN6 View Post

I can see a teenager falling for a doctor, or other professional, but how does the mother act as the middle man in such a situation?
Well, I dunno about that, but I saw an episode of Cathouse where a mom was treating her son to a date at the Bunny Ranch...eww....
Old 09-02-2010
Giga-posting ACO

Scooterchic is on a distinguished road

I asked my husband who is an EMT if they have badge bunnies. He said no, fire takes them all . LOL! I have to admit, I love a man uniform.

Cheers, Scooterchic

Old 09-02-2010
Giga-posting ACO

DRNEGRIN6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DRNEGRIN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterchic View Post
I asked my husband who is an EMT if they have badge bunnies. He said no, fire takes them all . LOL! I have to admit, I love a man uniform.

Cheers, Scooterchic

Scooterchic, I'm right with you. A man in uniform will make it more likely that I'll look at him. But once I look, to keep me, it is the man in the uniform that is more important than the uniform. A jerk is a jerk whether or not he is in uniform; I can usually weed out the jerks rather quickly.