ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 08-28-2010
Certified Posting ACO

old_timer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to old_timer

Been meaning to travel up your way,texantrinity,to see them when they fly out in the evening,just never seem to make it.I live about 15 minutes south of San Antonio,so it's not like it's that far of a drive.Hmmm,gonna have to put it on my schedule for my next vacation time.
and the dragon flies,forever."Unknown
Old 08-28-2010
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

Some friends of mine drove down there to watch them one day, and after 4 hours on the road, they missed it by 10 minutes and got there as everybody else was leaving.
Old 08-28-2010
Provisional Posting ACO

texantrinity is on a distinguished road
Default Bats!

Ouch! Well. We are quickly approaching "bat season" so start making plans. Id recommend doin the ferry boat on Town Lake instead of just standing on the bridge. It gets super crowded. If yall make a day out of it and wanna do a ride along I'm sure we could hook that up. So so so much to do in Austin !
Old 08-28-2010
Giga-posting ACO

We keep talking about doing overnighters on my days off, and Austin is on the list of things to do, so maybe when it cools down a little.
Old 08-28-2010
Almighty ACO

tomahto is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same thing happen, only instead of a hair weave it was some poor kid's backpack. stolen, then tossed in his yard when all the good stuff was removed, I assume. The old man called to say that an injured animal was curled up in his yard, and we had better "send a man" out to get it. so of course I went, and picked up the backpack, and took it across the street to the catholic school, which was closed, and wandered around the halls till I found a monk.

I also had a really long busy night once which ended with me needing overtime to rush down to the south part of our county to attend to a panicky r/p standing by with an injured "cat or skunk" curled up under a car. yeah. it was a garbage bag. she was pretty embarrased.
Old 08-28-2010
Probationary Trainee

Chris Harriman is on a distinguished road

A few months ago someone came into our shelter to ask us to go pick up the "dead baboon wearing a diaper" that was lieing in the roada few blocks away. Two minutes later we had a dead groundhog in a trashbag. I'm still not sure where baboon came from, but the diaper thing is just as confusing.
Old 08-28-2010
Kennel Commander

AC626 is on a distinguished road

LOL, at one of the local shelters a citizen brough in a skunk in a trap to the shelter front counter. The skunk sprayed inside the main office and made the shelter pretty much smell for a good week.
Old 09-02-2010
Field Operative

carrie_cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
And then there was the time I went to a call that a lady who was deathly afraid of cats (I'll never understand that fear) said a cat was in her tree and hadn't moved for hours.
Great stories!!!

I know (about that fear) -- I have a theory that it is cultural with some countries having much more folklore around animals as associated with fearful situations or things, or just patterns of children being scared/intimidated with something to do with cats. It is a huge problem in my area. People will tell us that if cats get up on their garage roof, these people are afraid that the cats will leap on and attack them! (These are just domestic felines, not mountain lions!). It leads to the cats being villified and calls to eradicate them, rather than just ignore them and go on about your business.
Old 09-03-2010
Giga-posting ACO

I have a couple of people on my staff that are afraid of snakes, and one who is afraid of frogs. Pretty much the only job related thing that causes me concern any more is when Iím by myself with 2 or more aggressive dogs. However, that is hardly a phobia.