ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Ask the ACO

Old 07-11-2007
Certified Posting ACO

Specialk281 is on a distinguished road
Default Homeowners Insurance

I find it personally upsetting that most insurance companies will not provide homeowners insurance if you have certain breeds, regardless of the animal's training or the degree of responsibility of the owner. Jack Russell's have already started to be added to this list.

Seems to me the victim generation is still trying to find someone to take the fall instead of them being responsible for their actions or lack thereof whatever the case may be.

Some Gave All, All Gave Some, Remember Those That Served!!!

Support Our Troops!!!

If you want your post read, please show you care by taking the time to spell check it!
Old 07-11-2007
Shelter Survivor

dbaty is on a distinguished road

What you have here is that Insurances Companies are looking for a reason to not provide insurance. If you are a liability risk forget it. Just wait until they finally realize that talking on a Cellphone and driving is comparable to drinking and driving. It's coming.

---------------------------------------------------

Progress stops at the Cemetary.
Old 07-11-2007
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Now that hits the nail on the head ... it's nothing to do with the victim generation; it's all about insurance companies that want to charge premiums without taking on any risk. Except that maybe the victim generation got that way because it's the only way most people can make a whole lot of money fast. We set up a culture that constantly advertises/televises images of "normal life" that cost about 180% of what normal people make, and then we wonder why everyone's trying to make an easy buck.

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 07-11-2007
Certified Posting ACO

Specialk281 is on a distinguished road
Default Victim Generation

My comment about the victim generation was not pertaining to the insurance companies, but more on my aggravation toward some recent experiences at the shelter.

I just wish people would take the time and energy to employ their dogs, as their dogs are becoming self-employed.

Some Gave All, All Gave Some, Remember Those That Served!!!

Support Our Troops!!!

If you want your post read, please show you care by taking the time to spell check it!
Old 08-28-2007
Certified Posting ACO

Uncle Fester is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not that again....

Some of these "Punish the deed and not the breed" types drive me to the very brink of dimentia.
While being a very warm and fuzzy sentiment, by the time we get to the "deed", it's too late becasue someone has already been injured or killed.

I think it's fair to say that if you adopt a Pit Bull out, you should very c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y screen the applicants, but if your policy is to euthanize every Pit Bull you get, I won't argue with that, either-
Sure, we live in a nation under the "rule of law", but the flaw in that means the "lawyers rule"-hence the nutty rules that allow an insurance company to do what they do to us every day.
I called my insurance agent one day to ask what their policy was and they said, "It's been great having you as a customer, but....."

Some interesting throughts I've come across in the Vick case got me thinking:
If the law considers an animal to be property, how can areas with Pit Bull bans deprive you of your property without due process and for what crime?
If owning a dog is the same as owning another piece of property, how can you say that depriving one person of a Pit is fair when the nasty little Chow next door gets to stay?

I don't hate Pit Bulls, I jst prefer to give them a wide margin between me and them. If you want to own one, that's your business. But if I'm your insurance carrier, owning that dog is exposing my bottom line to whatever your dog may or may not do.
Sadly, insurance companies have almost as much control over our lives as the government-we have to have them but we can't vote them out of office.
I know that the insurance company had a lot to do with the first car my Dad ever gave me-I wanted the Corvette, what I got was the female version, a SHE-vette.