ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2007
Certified Posting ACO

KeepItWegging is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmelangell
Anecdotal evidence, however persuasive emotionally, is not a reliable method of evaluating potential future behaviour of a breed, much less of a single animal. Even where available, breed bite statistics are subject to misconstruction based on breed misidentification (often by "professionals") and what may be construed as "provoked" versus "unprovoked" aggressive or defensive behaviour. In addition, a dog breed may change over as little as thirty years based on what is being popularly bred for, leading to research matter that is obsolete before it can be tabulated.

Rather than pondering why a Dalmation would want to bite Keep It Wegging and her family, maybe we could work on bite prevention as a topic in general. Given the fact that any dog MAY bite, what behaviour can we encourage in the human that will limit the damage inflicted?
Dalmatians are mental breed and the dogs that attacked us went mean and started growing at us at 4 months if we touched them. When I my first dog(My first Siberian Husky) The damatians attacked her for no reason all the time. she became scared of Dals. These days Dal rescue will take in Dalmatians that have bit people. Why do you you ask,.. because Dalmatian lovers and breeders will hide the proublem. Because , back when the 101 Dalmatians movies came out people baught these dogs and they became in the top 10 in AKC breeds. When that happen more cases of the breed bitting came out and the breeders freaked. Because, alot Dal breeders think their breed is non-bitting breed and they are saints. Ask a Dal breeder if ever hear their breed bitting, they tell you they will never bit and never been a Dal that ever bit! So, Dal people take the mean dal before they let word get out their saint breed has bitten!!! These Dal breeders make you sign a contrect if the dog turns mean and bits anyone it be returned to them no buts and if the animal bits a family member it will not be reported to ACC and the dog returned to them. My parents had this contrect when they baught the family dals. We wanted to have the removed from the house by ACC, but we where scared to be sued and also the breeder won't take them back because she has 2 litters on the gound,..They breed dogs to much,.. they always had litters,.. Show dog Ego they had. They wanted their BISs. So, we gotten stuck with the dogs.

After, being attacked and my Siberian Husky being attacked and others over the years being attacked by the Dalamtian. This one breed I don't include in the saying "Punish the Deed, Not the Breed" the bitting unprovked and breeders of the breed keeping it hidden with buyer contrects and ect,..It's the Breed and not the deed!
Old 05-10-2007
Probationary Trainee

wseay

I was just joking around (except the Dalmation biting the neighbor).

SORRY
Old 05-10-2007
Administrator
Site AdminGiga-posting ACO

Mark Kumpf has disabled reputation
Default 10 Types of Husky???

The following is a list of "Northern Breeds". Note there are several husky subsets mentioned by name other than the Siberian:
Alaskan Husky
Mackenzie River Husky
Mud Husky * (Note this is a humorous breed - a spoof)

I have checked AKC, UKC and done a bunch of internet searches, noting the link below. Sorry, can't find 10 legitimate named subsets. Sorry your search didn't work out. Please try again later.
For some reason, the list that appeared on here before is not where I can lay my electronic hands on it.

And for the record - - - EVERY breed has dogs that bite. EVERY breed has dogs that have poor temperaments. NO breeds are exempt. I am a firm believer in deed, not breed. Some do have tendencies which need to be kept in mind when acquiring, handling, capturing or owning but that is on a dog by dog basis.

In short K-I-W, please work on picking one position (preferably a defensible one backed up by facts and not personal bias) and then stick with it. It will do wonders for the level of professionalism expressed here.

http://www.everythinghusky.com/dogbreeds.html
----------
Akita
Alaskan Husky
Alaskan Klee Kai
Alaskan Malamute
American Eskimo Dog
Black Russian Terrier
Canadian Eskimo Dog
Caucasian Ovcharka
Chinook
Chow Chow
Eurasier
Finnish Hound
Finnish Lapphund
Finnish Spitz
Iceland Sheepdog
Inuit Dog
Jindo
Karelian Bear Dog
Kugsha Dog
Laika
Lapponian Herder (Reindeer Dog)
Mackenzie River Husky
Mud Husky
Norwegian Buhund
Norwegian Elkhound
Norwegian Lundehund
Poongsan
Samoyed
Scandinavian Hound
Seppala Siberian Sleddogs
Shiba Inu
Siberian Husky
Swedish Lapphund
Swedish Molosser
Swedish Vallhund
Tahltan Bear Dog
Wolf-Dog Hybrids
Old 05-10-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItWegging
I know, but the point of this was that Dals never get mention in dog bitting here and well I wanted bring up the fact they do bite family members when unprovoked 90% of the time!
Unable to locate statistical study with this conclusion. Please advise where this may be found.
Old 05-10-2007
Shelter Survivor

UNDRTKR is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to UNDRTKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItWegging
After, being attacked and my Siberian Husky being attacked and others over the years being attacked by the Dalamtian. This one breed I don't include in the saying "Punish the Deed, Not the Breed" the bitting unprovked and breeders of the breed keeping it hidden with buyer contrects and ect,..It's the Breed and not the deed!
Oh, WOW
I am willing to bet if you look hard enough you will find more pit bulls kill people than dalmations.... You being a punish the deed not the breed supporter and all.... But yes, punish the dalmation because you think they suddenly decide "hmmm, I think I'll attack today, it'll be great fun!!! and nothing you did set this dog off.... Like I said in my post above, I too have had a dalmation that bit severely, and I know for a fact there was a reason for it, even though the victim technichally didnt provoke the dog; to the dog, it was fully provoked.
Some breeds are more nervous than others, requiring heavy training and socialization to keep under control. If the owner does not train or socialize properly, sometimes unknowingly, (which we failed to do so) then that is what happens.
It is owner error.
Just like your SIBERIAN husky being attacked, sounds like some dog aggression issues to me, not a dog that suddenly decided its a good idea to attack.
Perhaps you should not tell other officers they should look into finding another job because they forgot to include the word "SIBERIAN" in a dog breed...
Perhaps you should study dog behavior a little further before saying certain breeds just sit there and think "TIME TO ATTACK FOR NO REASON!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!
Just MY opinion, Not trying to start an argument here.
Old 05-10-2007
Provisional Posting ACO

Farley Flattened is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Road Pizza Siberians and Bad Dogs

Not sure what the original purpose of this message list was, I can' t find the other one that was talking about the neighbor's dog but I have a few words.

First - is there ever going to be a spell checker added to the board - This is addressed to MARK KUMPF the moderator.

Second - Please try to check your posts. Copy them to WORD or type them in word and then copy them to this page after you spell check them. I have a hard time reading these posts on my KDT on patrol without wetting myself. The is addressed to KEEPITWEGGING (or is that supposed to be 'wagging'?)

Third - Lighten up! Some of you are taking this way too seriously (or not seriously enough) and its getting irritating. This is addressed to everyone and the moderator.

And - what is "unproked"?
Old 05-10-2007
Giga-posting ACO

ksbirdhse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ksbirdhse

Quote:
And - what is "unproked"?
From the ACO's Dictionary for everyday use...

Proke. verb To Proke. To jingle one's keys before entering a fenced yard with a large sign reading "BEWARE OF GIANT KILLER DOG".

unproked, used in a sentence...

The dog attack on the ACO was unproked. <the aco forgot to jingle his keys and was eaten alive INSIDE the fence.>
Old 05-11-2007
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Skip the spellchecker, I vote ksbirdhse just publishes the dagnab dictionary online where we can get to it.

I thought the original purpose of most of these posts could be summarized under "Smiley-Laden Drivel." I agree, some are taking their jobs waaaaaay too seriously. Of course, it is kind of hard to joke about the thing what's paying the rent.

And himself asks a great question. I have always wanted to know what "Keep It Wegging" meant!

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 05-11-2007
Administrator

Default Re: Road Pizza Siberians and Bad Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farley Flattened

First - is there ever going to be a spell checker added to the board - This is addressed to MARK KUMPF the moderator.

Third - Lighten up! Some of you are taking this way too seriously (or not seriously enough) and its getting irritating. This is addressed to everyone and the moderator.
I will look into this as it has been mentioned before. It has to do with the type and version of the software we are using to host the board. Your suggestions do work if you use a word processing editor. Also, some browsers (like Firefox) may have built in spell check that works while typing in messages on web pages.

I agree. Sometimes even us moderators get a frustrated and act less than moderately in style. Everyone could lighten up a little bit, myself included. People should be able to express themselves here and as long as the don't drop into language or comments that are truly inappropriate in the public boards, posts are welcome and encouraged.

PS - Like the chalk outline icon.
Old 05-11-2007
Certified Posting ACO

KeepItWegging is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kumpf
The following is a list of "Northern Breeds". Note there are several husky subsets mentioned by name other than the Siberian:
Alaskan Husky
Mackenzie River Husky
Mud Husky * (Note this is a humorous breed - a spoof)

I have checked AKC, UKC and done a bunch of internet searches, noting the link below. Sorry, can't find 10 legitimate named subsets. Sorry your search didn't work out. Please try again later.
For some reason, the list that appeared on here before is not where I can lay my electronic hands on it.

And for the record - - - EVERY breed has dogs that bite. EVERY breed has dogs that have poor temperaments. NO breeds are exempt. I am a firm believer in deed, not breed. Some do have tendencies which need to be kept in mind when acquiring, handling, capturing or owning but that is on a dog by dog basis.

In short K-I-W, please work on picking one position (preferably a defensible one backed up by facts and not personal bias) and then stick with it. It will do wonders for the level of professionalism expressed here.

http://www.everythinghusky.com/dogbreeds.html
----------
Akita
Alaskan Husky
Alaskan Klee Kai
Alaskan Malamute
American Eskimo Dog
Black Russian Terrier
Canadian Eskimo Dog
Caucasian Ovcharka
Chinook
Chow Chow
Eurasier
Finnish Hound
Finnish Lapphund
Finnish Spitz
Iceland Sheepdog
Inuit Dog
Jindo
Karelian Bear Dog
Kugsha Dog
Laika
Lapponian Herder (Reindeer Dog)
Mackenzie River Husky
Mud Husky
Norwegian Buhund
Norwegian Elkhound
Norwegian Lundehund
Poongsan
Samoyed
Scandinavian Hound
Seppala Siberian Sleddogs
Shiba Inu
Siberian Husky
Swedish Lapphund
Swedish Molosser
Swedish Vallhund
Tahltan Bear Dog
Wolf-Dog Hybrids
Alot of these are refured to as Huskies too! Seppala Siberian Sleddog is really a Old Line of Siberian Husky and the Canadian Eskimo Dog is also known as Canadian Husky too. The Mud Husky is a mixed breed that one kennel club that's known as the Connenental Kennel Club aka Puppy Mill Kennel Club has this Mud Husky! Also, you forgot to list the Keeshound which is also northen and also can comfused as a Husky. My friend that breeds them, offen has people call them Snow Dogs(Disney Movie) aka Husky! So there's many breeds that is refuried to Husky.
Closed Thread