ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-18-2009
vylentgrrl's Avatar
vylentgrrl vylentgrrl is offline
Forum Friend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 137
vylentgrrl is on a distinguished road
Default A busy day

Oh My Goodness!!!! A dog that had started showing signs of pregnancy had 3 pups over the weekend, a case dog of mine was euthanized today ( we tried to Second Chance her due to a severely neglected mammary tumor), a neuter done on a dog with a testical in it's inguenal area, a new best girl friend and an informal yet formal interview for the vet tech spot i've been helping out with for the past two weeks, i amassed 7.5 overtime hours this past week because of staff shortage, and 4 adult dogs going to new homes (the adults don't get adopted as much as the puppies) over the weekend. phew. it may not sound like a lot to some of the city slickers but it's a big deal for Kona Country. Oh yeah, 85 degree temps w/ 59% humidity!!!!! lows in the upper 70's at the shore. it's blazing hot where my apartment is!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-18-2009
ACO2642's Avatar
ACO2642 ACO2642 is offline
Giga-posting ACO
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montgomery Co. Penna.
Posts: 1,670
ACO2642 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ACO2642 Send a message via Yahoo to ACO2642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vylentgrrl View Post
Oh My Goodness!!!! A dog that had started showing signs of pregnancy had 3 pups over the weekend, a case dog of mine was euthanized today ( we tried to Second Chance her due to a severely neglected mammary tumor), a neuter done on a dog with a testical in it's inguenal area, a new best girl friend and an informal yet formal interview for the vet tech spot i've been helping out with for the past two weeks, i amassed 7.5 overtime hours this past week because of staff shortage, and 4 adult dogs going to new homes (the adults don't get adopted as much as the puppies) over the weekend. phew. it may not sound like a lot to some of the city slickers but it's a big deal for Kona Country. Oh yeah, 85 degree temps w/ 59% humidity!!!!! lows in the upper 70's at the shore. it's blazing hot where my apartment is!!!
Try doing all that out here in the East where the temp. is 95* and the humidity is 90% making it feel like 103* I'll take 85* any day. BTW I thought you got that position?
__________________
The greatest truths are the simplest;
and so are the greatest men. (unk)

Light travels faster than sound,
which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The early bird gets the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-19-2009
Getting too old's Avatar
Getting too old Getting too old is offline
Moderator
Giga-posting ACO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,386
Getting too old is on a distinguished road
Default

At 9am it is 82 with 67%, and we are looking for a high of 98 today. Iím sure glad itís cooling off around here.

7.5 hours of OT, not bad, of course they tax the crap out of it (somebody has to pay for the executives bonuses and ďbusinessĒ trips).
__________________
There are no problems, only challenges and opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-20-2009
vylentgrrl's Avatar
vylentgrrl vylentgrrl is offline
Forum Friend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 137
vylentgrrl is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO2642 View Post
Try doing all that out here in the East where the temp. is 95* and the humidity is 90% making it feel like 103* I'll take 85* any day. BTW I thought you got that position?
i thought so too. turns out i was "trying out" for the position. found out today that i did an excellent job but gave it to another gal because "she was filling in first". me being selected would've been " a lateral move", whatever that means. i'm not upset about it. doc said i can fill in whenever she needs the help. the thing that got me today was that management told me to not lookout for the well being of our cases because that's their job, not mine and to pretty much mind my own business. they said they were "told" that i was being out of line but when asked, they could provide no specific incidents. what REALLY pissed me off was that they were "told" of the "incidents" weeks ago but are just now getting to it. so i fired back saying that if i'm in the wrong, they need to address it then and there, not weeks down the road. management said that it was because of staff shortage that i wasn't "talked to". bs. all three honchos have been there at one time or another but never approached me. ugh. to add insult to injury, i have to show improvement in three weeks or they'll file a disciplinary report against me. again, b.s. ugh. do the right thing and get yelled at but the sorry a** P.O.S. ACO gets to skate. i'm so glad i'm re-enrolling in online courses.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-20-2009
vylentgrrl's Avatar
vylentgrrl vylentgrrl is offline
Forum Friend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 137
vylentgrrl is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey ACO2642, sorry for the rant. just tired of the same b.s.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-20-2009
ACO2642's Avatar
ACO2642 ACO2642 is offline
Giga-posting ACO
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montgomery Co. Penna.
Posts: 1,670
ACO2642 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ACO2642 Send a message via Yahoo to ACO2642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vylentgrrl View Post
Hey ACO2642, sorry for the rant. just tired of the same b.s.
No Problem, venting is a good thing!
__________________
The greatest truths are the simplest;
and so are the greatest men. (unk)

Light travels faster than sound,
which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The early bird gets the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-20-2009
Getting too old's Avatar
Getting too old Getting too old is offline
Moderator
Giga-posting ACO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,386
Getting too old is on a distinguished road
Default

Iím not allowed to run the train, the whistle I canít blow.
Iím not allowed to say how fast this railroad train can go.
Iím not allowed to shoot off steam nor even clang the bell.
But let the damn train jump the track and see who catches hell.
__________________
There are no problems, only challenges and opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-21-2009
vylentgrrl's Avatar
vylentgrrl vylentgrrl is offline
Forum Friend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 137
vylentgrrl is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old View Post
Iím not allowed to run the train, the whistle I canít blow.
Iím not allowed to say how fast this railroad train can go.
Iím not allowed to shoot off steam nor even clang the bell.
But let the damn train jump the track and see who catches hell.
Very true GTO.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-21-2009
Getting too old's Avatar
Getting too old Getting too old is offline
Moderator
Giga-posting ACO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,386
Getting too old is on a distinguished road
Default

I see on the news that some Hawaiians are talking secession also. That seems to be the in thing these days.
__________________
There are no problems, only challenges and opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-22-2009
ChicagoACOSupervisor's Avatar
ChicagoACOSupervisor ChicagoACOSupervisor is offline
Almighty ACO
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago, ILL
Posts: 975
ChicagoACOSupervisor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoACOSupervisor Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoACOSupervisor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old View Post
I see on the news that some Hawaiians are talking secession also. That seems to be the in thing these days.
People are P.O.'d. We are hearing it in Illinois...not too much leaving the Union talk, but since our state and county is so screwed up, there are townships here near Chicago, inside of Cook County that are talking about breaking away from Cook and forming a new county.

People are just fed up. Which is good....they are waking up!
__________________
ďA dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.Ē --Josh Billings
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2007 ACOFunStop.Com. All rights reserved.