ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 05-11-2009
Field Operative

NCACO2CI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NCACO2CI

hey scooter is that an english mastiff?

cool pics

I like a responsible owner, must have job before drink.

Although there are days I could use one before work, teheheheheheheeeee
Old 05-11-2009
Forum Friend

AMB is an unknown quantity at this point

Way to go Tricia, good for you. It may have taken you a while but you did it girl. You should be mighty proud of your accomplishment.
Old 05-11-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Scooterchic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCACO2CI View Post
hey scooter is that an english mastiff?

cool pics

I like a responsible owner, must have job before drink.

Although there are days I could use one before work, teheheheheheheeeee
Yep. She is a pure bred my husband had gotten before I met him. We love the big goofy dogs and I have found a mastiff rescue in Glendale AZ. After Boudica leaves us for doggy heaven we will check the rescue out.

Cheers, Scooterchic

Old 05-13-2009
Kennel Commander

ErinKelleher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ErinKelleher Send a message via Yahoo to ErinKelleher

yesterday(Monday) was my friday...and i started it by going and getting my second rabies shot in the three series(i've been with the dept over a year, and they FINALLY got around to getting all us vaccinated...my old dept didn't require it)...i thought it was going to be a bad day...and the first thing that happened walking into the shelter was my Chief pulling me in for my annual review...which turned out pretty excellent...brightened my day too(even if my day started at 4pm.)
Old 05-13-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

Evaluations used to scare the life out of me. At my old city, what you actually did during the day meant absolutely nothing towards you’re evaluation as compared to how well you sucked up to the boss. One day my boss over there climbed right up my --- because I was responding to too many calls. How does one respond to too many calls, especially when the boss is the dispatcher? Anyway, the next day the other ACO walks in with the Civilian Employee of the Quarter award, so that kind of got my attention and I pulled the files one day when I was alone in the office. I had done exactly double everything that we kept stats on, twice as many miles drive, twice as many calls responded to, twice as many warnings/citations, twice as many everything, but she was the Employee of the Quarter.

Long story short (I could go on for an hour about favoritism and how the boss couldn’t supervise his way out of a paper bag) they eventually told me to quit or I would be fired, so I ended up here. I took a $2K per year pay cut, but in the long run, it was worth it. My training here consisted of here is a map, here are you’re keys, the truck is in the back lot knock yourself out. It took me a couple of years to finally figure out that evaluation time here is a good thing where you are recognized for you’re achievements for the last year, and in 03 I got the Civilian Employee of the YEAR award.

Like I said, the economy sucks, but life is good.
Old 05-13-2009
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Thanks, GTO, that really brightened my day! I get to feeling like I'm the only person on earth that has ever been whacked on by bad management ... Glad you survived the system.

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 05-13-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmelangell View Post
Thanks, GTO, that really brightened my day! I get to feeling like I'm the only person on earth that has ever been whacked on by bad management ... Glad you survived the system.
Before I left that city, I had gotten extremely tired of the harassment and being written up for anything, so I had began to document every time I was singled out for disciplinary action when anybody else did something that I was being wrote up for, but they were not. I had a folder that was about 1” thick in about a month, and I had already spoken to an attorney about filing a suite against the city. But the rule of thumb is, if you sue one city you’ll never work for another one, so I let it drop. As it turned out, one of our female officers here had filed a suite against her previous department for sexual harassment, and not only did they hire her knowing that, the Chief was actually hoping she would win. Oh well.
Old 05-13-2009
Field Operative

hasbeenaco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmelangell View Post
Oh Winnie, you're far from alone!
Old 05-13-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Always remember,
NEVER GIVE UP!

Old 05-13-2009
Kennel Commander

ErinKelleher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ErinKelleher Send a message via Yahoo to ErinKelleher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old View Post
Evaluations used to scare the life out of me. At my old city, what you actually did during the day meant absolutely nothing towards you’re evaluation as compared to how well you sucked up to the boss. One day my boss over there climbed right up my --- because I was responding to too many calls. How does one respond to too many calls, especially when the boss is the dispatcher? Anyway, the next day the other ACO walks in with the Civilian Employee of the Quarter award, so that kind of got my attention and I pulled the files one day when I was alone in the office. I had done exactly double everything that we kept stats on, twice as many miles drive, twice as many calls responded to, twice as many warnings/citations, twice as many everything, but she was the Employee of the Quarter.

Long story short (I could go on for an hour about favoritism and how the boss couldn’t supervise his way out of a paper bag) they eventually told me to quit or I would be fired, so I ended up here. I took a $2K per year pay cut, but in the long run, it was worth it. My training here consisted of here is a map, here are you’re keys, the truck is in the back lot knock yourself out. It took me a couple of years to finally figure out that evaluation time here is a good thing where you are recognized for you’re achievements for the last year, and in 03 I got the Civilian Employee of the YEAR award.

Like I said, the economy sucks, but life is good.
i can say a lot of the same about my old agency...but past is the past, and i'm gonna keep them there...i really enjoy my neewer agency...and i like that they have been trying real hard to recognized EVERYONE'S efforts in what they are doing best...they did remember to mention the back gate i ran into a couple months ago...but it was at the shelter, and no property was actually damaged(ok so i bent the lift on the truck...but all the lifts were broken and we were getting rid of the trucks for our new ones that came in a month ago, LoL)...so all is pretty well in my world