ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 05-04-2009
Almighty ACO

UCDW880 is on a distinguished road
Default Flat Stanly

Okay, I've had a really rough day at work, finally wrap up all the meetings and calls and manage to slip into my office for a moment of quiet time. And I'll add this was after a lunch time call reporting that my sweet little puppy has a broken jaw and bone infection and may have to have his jaw taped shut for the next 8 weeks with me feeding him gruel.

First thing I notice in my office is the mail. An envelope from the local elementary school. And oh what a treat inside! I can't wait to start taking pictures.

It was a cardboard cutout of a young boy all colored with freckles and all. And the following letter:

Dear Union County Dog Warden, We would like to introduce you to flat stanly. Flat stanly is flat because a bulleten board smashed him. He has had many adventures. some of these include. he was in a picture as little low peep. He was in a onvelope. He flew as a kite. Recently our classes have been learning about government. Some of the things we have learned are that there are four parts of government National, state, county and town witch is city and township. The pre sident lives in the witehouse The president is barock obama. The governer is Ted strictland. flat stanley has come to visit you because he wants to learn about what you do at the dog warden. a few of the questoins that he has for you are. 1. do you have anything with the humane society? 2. do you have any beagles? do you have any austrail otin sheperds? Thank you vary much for your time. we realize that you are vary busy. we would really appreciate it if you could send flat stnaley back to us and include a letter about flat stanleys day at the Dog warden. Sincerely Tyler Tristan ps: please includ pictures of yourselves with flat stanley if you can.

All grammar and spelling kept intact for the full effect. I think perhaps I should return flat stanley to the classroom myself perhaps with Cooper joining in. I'll have to talk to the teacher.

MB
Old 05-04-2009
Field Operative

Tricia is on a distinguished road

Flat Stanley came to visit me via my youngest Niece's class. He left with not only an album full of pictures of Flat Stanley all over town, they also got the key to the City from the Mayor and one day Proclaimed "Flat Stanley Day" in our community in honor of their project.

(There are a few ideas for you!) Good luck - enjoy your visit with Flat Stanley!
Old 05-04-2009
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Oh, VERY cute. What fun!!! Maybe Flat Stanley could adopt a "flat kitten," have it fixed, and take it back with him ...

(No, guys, not one of the ones you peeled off the road. Jeez, you people!)

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 05-04-2009
Kennel Commander

AC626 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmelangell View Post
Oh, VERY cute. What fun!!! Maybe Flat Stanley could adopt a "flat kitten," have it fixed, and take it back with him ...

(No, guys, not one of the ones you peeled off the road
. Jeez, you people!)
I can imagine the look on the teachers face finding a flat kitty.
Old 05-04-2009
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

Learning To Fly is on a distinguished road

That's awesome! What a great school project, and I gotta admit I am totally envious of the fun you are going to have! I so loved that book as a kid, and often pondered whether I could recreate the Flat Stanley effect with one of my brothers...

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.”
St Francis of Assisi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Old 05-05-2009
Almighty ACO

Caninelaw is on a distinguished road

My wife's a Kindergarten teacher. She has her students taking Flat Stanley on trips with them and then coming back with pictures of Flat Stanley from all around the world. She's even got one of Flat Stanley at the Eiffel Tower.
Old 05-05-2009
Almighty ACO

kgill is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kgill

we had Flat Stanley visit the Clydesdale barn at Busch Gardens when I worked there a few years back... it was neat.... we took pictures of him with the horses and our dalmatians....
________
vapir one vaporizer

Last edited by kgill; 02-10-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-05-2009
Almighty ACO

UCDW880 is on a distinguished road

Ironic that you mention the flat kitten. I got a call today about a skinned animal in the creek bed. After documenting the scene along with local police, then taking the cat in to the shelter vet, it was apparent that there was really no foul play. The cat simply died and the body was swept down the stream in recent flooding that just receded. The local police had also received a Flat Stanley, but theirs was still sitting on the Chief's desk. We had a pretty good joke about putting Stanley in the "crime scene" pictures.
Then I went into the shelter and the vet doing cat spay's held up a bloody dripping uterus next to Stanley.
More jokes forthcoming about putting Stanley in a control pole and more...
He got his picture taken in front of the state law book (Ohio Revised Code Title 9) in the Commissioner's chair, with the Dog Warden truck, with me in the shelter with a couple dog's that were up for adoption, with the humane society truck, a cruiser and my truck (nice pic showing teamwork!), with the vet, in a cage at the shelter (my personal favorite), and I'm hoping to get a picture with my judge tomorrow and with the Commissioners on Thursday. We're going to write a proclamation declaring him an honorary deputy dog warden.
I offered to head to class with Coop to return Stanley and bring pictures.

MB
Old 05-05-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Scooterchic is on a distinguished road

Wow that is awesome! What a fun project.

Cheers, Scooterchic

Old 05-06-2009
Almighty ACO

NBPD336 is on a distinguished road

He was visiting me last summer I got a lot of pic of him with different dogs and we sent him back with some ways to be a responsible pet owner.

You will not rise to the occasion, you will sink to the level of your training.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~ Mark Twain