Old 07-05-2006
Grand Poobah Webgeek
Site Admin

A. Gianotto has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to A. Gianotto
Default Re: Man who cooked dog blames OCD/ADHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmelangell
Last time I heard, recidivism ("we let them go and they did it again") for animal cruelty was way up there with hoarding (near 95%) ...
I thought it was still much closer to (if not exactly) 100%, but I could be wrong.

R.I.P. Susan Caskey AKA "Critterfuz": April 1970 - Dec 2007.
R.I.P. Keegan Merrick AKA "RichmondACO": July 1977 - Jan 2009.

We miss you.
Old 07-06-2006
Giga-posting ACO

ILUVMAXINE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ILUVMAXINE

HUH? Isn't every single animal abuser a wacked out sicko? Does it matter if you can label it. The deed was done, you did it, it was wrong. I don't believe his problem precludes him from knowing right from wrong. There's an awful lot of people sitting in jail for losing their temper and murdering people. If the precedent is set for animals then It can be set for people. If he'd stuck his child in the oven would the case be the same?
Old 07-08-2006
Shelter Survivor

Gromlich
Default Allowing animal abuse

Why is the wife still around? Would she stand by her man while he abused her children like she is allowing him to abuse the dog? She is just as liable!! She knew that he was abusive and still left the dog in his care and custody. She should have removed the dog from the situation before it EVER got that far. She should be charged as well!!!!

Compassion is a gift, not a nusiance!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2006
Field Operative

LCK
Send a message via MSN to LCK Send a message via Yahoo to LCK

Quote:
Why is the wife still around? Would she stand by her man while he abused her children like she is allowing him to abuse the dog? She is just as liable!! She knew that he was abusive and still left the dog in his care and custody. She should have removed the dog from the situation before it EVER got that far. She should be charged as well!!!!
Did that just the other day! Hubby not home,, wife kept saying those dogs are his responsibility you have to deal with him. Then she said,, "I just feed and water them" ooops!!!!! I wrote them both up both could have walked outside at any time and taken care of the pets. By the way there were 3 dogs, one with a chain ingrown in its neck and all 3 were so infested with fleas.....i didnt know there were that many fleas on the planet.
Old 07-09-2006
Certified Posting ACO

KeepItWegging is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexplodingirl
I for one, think that label is used too loosely these days. Every kid has ADD or ADHD if you ask me, it's called being a kid.
I also was labled PDD as well ADHD.. I was just a kid and a rebal..But I don't bake animals...Expect for what I buy in the store!
Old 07-09-2006
Certified Posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Gianotto
Because it's too easy to park a kid in front of the Xbox and be left in peace, versus actually *parenting*. I agree with you 100% chumli.

I KNOW I would have been diagnosed with ADHD if those tests were around when I was a kid. I was a hyperactive freak - but a quick swat on the ass got me to calm down right-quick.
This is what my sister does! My sister is a poor parent and she allows her son to do things bad and he tells him he';s a good kids. He's a real BRAT!
Old 07-09-2006
Certified Posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Gianotto
I KNOW I would have been diagnosed with ADHD if those tests were around when I was a kid. I was a hyperactive freak - but a quick swat on the ass got me to calm down right-quick.
AMEN, Alison !!!

"Those tests" were around as early as the late 60's early 70's and the results labled you normal, trouble maker or retarded.
Now because of all the PC Bull _ _ _ we have to give it a friendlier label. Average, ADD/HDAD or Mentally challenged.
I had ADD/HDAD my brothers all had it, my kids have it....

How you're brought up with it is whats going to determine how you're going to behave later in life.

Back in the day there was a medication for ADD/ADHD it is called Valium, only instead of giving it to the children it was prescribed for Mom who was stuck home all day having to deal with kids.
Now they have medication that allows others to handle these kids because Mom and Dad both have to work.
I will never medicate my child simply because they have ADD/HDAD, I'm going to help them cope with it and learn in spite of it !

Sorry for the rant.
i BEEN RETESTED MYSELF AND I AM FREE FROM ALL PDD/HDAD AND HAVE NO MENTAL DISB OR ANYTHING. I WAS JUST LABLED BECAUSE MY PARENT KEPT BUGGING THE DRS. THAT THERE WAS SOMTHING WRONG WHEN IN REALITY I WAS JUST A LIL' SNOTTY NOSE REBAL BRAT AND WELL, THEY LABLED ME TO SHUT MY PARENTS UP!
Old 07-09-2006
Certified Posting ACO

Default Re: Allowing animal abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromlich
She should leave, before he cooks her!