ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 06-29-2006
Giga-posting ACO

aco30l13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to aco30l13
Default 4th Of July

I am a memebr of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows here in Cupertino and am also the Editor and publisher of our monthly newsletter.. Below is an article that I included in the newsletter that went in the mail today.

Animals are fleeing in panic; some bump headlong into the next car hurting themselves severely. Others go and hide themselves trembling for fear. Others again grab objects thrown towards them with their mouth imagining they were toys, with the effect that they explode in their mouth; dogs die in the presence of their masters who remain shocked and dismayed.
For us human beings fireworks have become unbearably loud and have resulted to many thousands each year in inner-ear injuries and even in final hearing damage. Many animal species have an extremely sensitive ear and a cracker, therefore, impairs their hearing more than our human ear! Cats hear better than dogs and much better than human beings; they suffer from loud noises at least as much as a person with a heavy headache. A cat or a dog which is exposed to the bursting of a cracker can endure a long-lasting trauma, even an irreversible ear damage. Fireworks lasting for hours are an acoustical torture for animals. Bunnies, guinea pigs, birds etc. are easily frightened and can suffer, as consequence of the loud noise, of a heart impact.
Fireworks can release heaviest health damage to animals up to shock conditions with death sequences.*
Birds can lose orientation for quite some time because of the unexpected glare of fireworks rockets.
Animals which get too near to exploding fireworks become victims of burns and eye damage.

There are also animals which are hit with fireworks intentionally and thus are severely and/or deadly hurt.

Panic can also create "stomach upsets" with animals or induce over-reactions. Non-acceptance of food, diarrhoea, severe trembling or continuous howling are typical evidence.
-American Indian Proverb

After dark all cats are leopards.
-American Indian Proverb,
Old 06-29-2006
Kennel Commander

thexplodingirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to thexplodingirl

Oh no, you reminded me of what time of year it was, and angered me and prepared me. Jesucristo - maybe I'll make a sign to put on my truck to remind owners to confine their dogs, especially on the 4th of July.
Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy. The part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour. He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited. That little boy's gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility.' If your dog is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your butt out there and you find that dog.
Old 07-01-2006
Certified Posting ACO

KeepItWegging is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 4th Of July

Quote:
Originally Posted by aco30l13
I am a memebr of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows here in Cupertino and am also the Editor and publisher of our monthly newsletter.. Below is an article that I included in the newsletter that went in the mail today.

Animals are fleeing in panic; some bump headlong into the next car hurting themselves severely. Others go and hide themselves trembling for fear. Others again grab objects thrown towards them with their mouth imagining they were toys, with the effect that they explode in their mouth; dogs die in the presence of their masters who remain shocked and dismayed.
For us human beings fireworks have become unbearably loud and have resulted to many thousands each year in inner-ear injuries and even in final hearing damage. Many animal species have an extremely sensitive ear and a cracker, therefore, impairs their hearing more than our human ear! Cats hear better than dogs and much better than human beings; they suffer from loud noises at least as much as a person with a heavy headache. A cat or a dog which is exposed to the bursting of a cracker can endure a long-lasting trauma, even an irreversible ear damage. Fireworks lasting for hours are an acoustical torture for animals. Bunnies, guinea pigs, birds etc. are easily frightened and can suffer, as consequence of the loud noise, of a heart impact.
Fireworks can release heaviest health damage to animals up to shock conditions with death sequences.*
Birds can lose orientation for quite some time because of the unexpected glare of fireworks rockets.
Animals which get too near to exploding fireworks become victims of burns and eye damage.

There are also animals which are hit with fireworks intentionally and thus are severely and/or deadly hurt.

Panic can also create "stomach upsets" with animals or induce over-reactions. Non-acceptance of food, diarrhoea, severe trembling or continuous howling are typical evidence.

I'm not really worry about the 4th of July with my Siberians. They are noth bother by the the stuff. My dogs will try to attack the ones in the streets. They get very fasnated by the ones that spin fast and change colors they bark and try to lung at them and their tails wag. I take them out every 4th of July to watch them in town. They never act scared or nothing. I'm asked if they blind and deaf,...LOL!