ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 02-25-2009
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

Learning To Fly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra View Post
My daughter has a 5 year old corn snake named "Tycho". She won her in an essay contest at school a couple years back.
What was the inspiration for the snake's name? My friend has a labrador that I named Tycho, after the monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey (because both are big and dark and cause chaos wherever they appear.)

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.”
St Francis of Assisi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Old 02-25-2009
Forum Friend

Lyra is on a distinguished road

We have a astronomy hobby that I have not had time to play with lately. "Tycho" the snake was named after Tycho Brahe who was a Danish astronomer in the late 1500's. She is an awesome little creature, having been a class pet for two years, she is extremely dosile.
Old 02-25-2009
Almighty ACO

kgill is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kgill

2 cats
15 year old - Cotton - long haired white cat - got from a litter that came into the Vet office I was working at.
1 1/2 year old - Trisket - tiger tabby - rescued from a car engine at walmart in the dead heat of July.
________
medical marijuana seeds

Last edited by kgill; 02-10-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-25-2009
Field Operative

jruner is on a distinguished road

I have a two year old Golden retriever, Lab cross female "Hershey" a crazy adopted male cat Mr. Muffin, a Buff Orpington Rooster my daughter named "Lulu"? and a Hen my son named "Huckleberry".

John Runer
Old 02-25-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

I’m down to a black Lab that I rescued back in 2000 and a cat. My father in law adopted the Lab from me, then he died, and after my mother in law passed, I couldn’t stand to see her go into a shelter, so here she is. The cat was a Christmas present for my daughter.

I have had a high of two dogs, two cats and two rats. By the time I retire, the dog will have passed away by then, and the cat is leaving with my daughter when/if she leaves the nest, then we will be free to travel around the US (and maybe Scotland) and meet some of Y’all.
Old 02-28-2009
Field Operative

NCACO2CI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NCACO2CI

I have 2 scotties, 2 horses and 1 peacock, I think 7 chickens

I have rescued the quarter horses-owner couldnt care for them

2 peacocks(one just passed away) 2 different areas but always on a highway..lol

and the chickens are rals on random occasions.....Im getting real good at rounding them up, love the fresh eggs

and the girls are from breeders(spayed) tried the rescue options but waited 3yrs to no avail

just enough to occupy me -
Old 02-28-2009
Field Operative

4myella is an unknown quantity at this point

3 rescue cats, 4 rescue dogs.
1 albino corn snake
5 european green toads
1 pyxie frog
1 albino pacman frog
1 ornate horned frog
1 fantasy frog
1 whites tree frog
1 amazon milk frog
2 betta fish
1 white capped pionus

Last edited by 4myella; 02-28-2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Forgot my bird!!!!
Old 03-03-2009
Giga-posting ACO

ACO2642 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ACO2642 Send a message via Yahoo to ACO2642

Just Maximus

Light travels faster than sound,
which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The early bird gets the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese!
Old 03-03-2009
Kennel Commander

There'sgottabeabetterway is on a distinguished road

Cool, I love to brag...

First there is "Felix" a Ragdoll mix that was dropped off at the shelter 11 years ago and kept jumping into my personal vehicle as I was cleaning on a Sunday. I took him home, even though my then husband disliked cats. He taught my daughter how to walk, she was one of those that had to hold something. She would pick him up and he would slide threw her arms and his head would be bouncing off of her knees.

Next came "Leo" a DSH tabby that we were keeping as a shelter pet. We were audited and the auditor found it to be a liability to keep pets, after all they could attack someone. That was about 8 or 9 years ago. The only thing that he will attack is food that hits the floor. This cat sits beside the table at every meal.

Then came the master "Jake" a Great Dane, Bullmastiff mix. We had impounded his litter mates twice RAL (there were 6 or 8 of the monsters). I received a call for a vicious dog killing cats. I responded to find "Jake" hiding under a single wide mobile home growling. I found his kill, a dead cat that was as flat as a pancake and stiff as a board. He was about 3 months old and over a half mile from home. Fortunately we were not computerized and I did not know exactly where the owner lived. Best part is we impounded his litter mates again after I legally adopted "Jake" and his former owner came in to reclaim again and I walked into the front office with "Jake" and she screamed "Zeke, Zeke", "You stole my dog", "You're starving him, look how skinny he is". I politely told her what his name is and that quality food, proper deworming and exercise will keep his neutered butt skinny. I will pass this tid-bit of information on to you all... While it is cute and hysterical to watch a Great Dane mix puppy run around and play with the neighbors adult Jack Russell Terrier, remember that eventually you end up with a 130 pound Jack Russell. Put it this way, nearly 7 years later, when "Jake" is outside or inside and he pins his ears back DO NOT MOVE, because when a Jack Russell makes it's mad dash it only weighs 10 or 15 pounds, when "Jake" makes his Jack Russell dash it really, really, really hurts.

Last but not Least is "Bob" an extraordinary Maine Coon/Domestic Bob Tail mix. He came in a live trap a little over a year ago. The kennel attendant called him a feral Bobcat mix. He is huge, and has a-tude. I thought he was a she, but to my surprise he was neutered. He finally has learned to lower his head when walking under the coffee table so he doesn't clunk it.
Old 03-03-2009
Certified Posting ACO

Ant

4-dogs
Ranging from a 165 lb. Wolfhound / Pyr mix I found in a box to a 3lb Snoodle I found in a dumpster. The other two are Terr. mixes I rescued from the shelter I work at.
4-cats
All of the cats I brought home from work and bottle fed them with the help of my wife and kids.