ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 02-23-2009
Almighty ACO

NBPD336 is on a distinguished road
Default What do you have for pets

I tried doing a search but didnt find anything. Just wondering what you all have for your own pets and how you got them. Mine are:

8 cats
First two adopted from rescue league
Second cat was found on the side of the road in a thunderstorm,by my neice
Fourth cat was a stray that was hanging around the apartment we were living in. She turned out to be prego which in turn resulted in cats 5,6,and 7.
number eight was also a stray that someone showed to my fiancee.

5 dogs

German Shepherd-Got him from a breeder (not a route I will ever go again,I love my pup just too many shelter animals out there to ever buy another dog)

Golden Ret X- Got her from a family when she was five weeks old,had to bottle feed her. Family that was giving her away was leaving to go on vacation and didnt want to wait to get rid of the puppies. They also refused to get the mom spayed (yes they were dirtbags)

Cattle dog X - She was a foster, she was found abandoned by a lake in Tenn. When we picked her up from the rescue it took us two hours to get her into the truck with us. Then another 45 min to get her up the three stairs from the garage to the house. By that night she was curled up on the couch with me.

Border Collie X- Was deemed to have severe aggression by the former ACO I disagree the dog would chase kids on bicycles and nip at their ankles. He was trying to "round them up". He also told me this dog had a very alpha personality. This dog had its tail tucked to its nose lol. This ACO also wanted to have the dog tested for rabies. Long story

Pittbull- He was found as a stray and we took him in as a foster for one of the local Pittbull rescues. I will admit I fell in love just a wonderful dog.

Those are my "furry children" I think I need a bigger house lol.

You will not rise to the occasion, you will sink to the level of your training.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~ Mark Twain
Old 02-24-2009
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

Learning To Fly is on a distinguished road

I have...

Two cats, Ichiro and Grover, from a family friend (both about 7 years old)

Three dogs:

1. Cricket, 11 year old heeler mix, from a rescue (she had been abandoned on the side of the road, obviously still in 'nursing condition'...no one knew what happened to her pups, but I have a pretty good guess...) She spent the first six months with me hiding in closets...as an experiment I started doing agility with her and she totally came out of her shell. One of the best dogs I have ever had.

2. Willow, 10 year old whippet that my then-10 year old daughter saved $350.00 to buy from a breeder after she spend months and months researching what breed of dog she wanted. She made a great choice-perfect fit for her!

3. Aspen, 6 year old whippet (might as well have a matched set!) One of the naughtiest, most mischievious dogs I have ever had, but I love her to death.

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.”
St Francis of Assisi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last edited by Learning To Fly; 04-01-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Terrible week...lost both my fish, my snail, and my beloved little Hobbit...
Old 02-24-2009
Field Operative

Laelaps is on a distinguished road

5 dogs and a betta fish, named betta max.

Marlo, the great dane, is the dumbest dog I've ever owned, but possibly also the sweetest. I've never seen or heard of a great dane that's hyper, but she is, and at almost 3 she's not showing signs of slowing down. She was pulled from a kill shelter outside of Dallas by a nice lady who found her a home with me.

Tyson, the boxer, is almost 10 years old. He's my boy, we have traveled together, been fishing, hiking, you name it, he's been there with me. He's getting too old for that stuff now, his hips are a little sore and he's getting tumors, but he's a great cuddler. He came from a breeder (also something I'll likely not do again).

Weezle, aka Wee Dog. Chihuahua mix, social butterfly. Got him from some folks who said he was anti social and aggressive. Amazing what training can do.

the Bullies- Olivia and Angus, the english bulldogs. Both lazy aspholes. Came from a dog training client of mine who was having a little trouble controlling them, especially around other dogs. They were both exhibiting dog aggression and re-directed aggression, but are now successfully integrated and well behaved in our little pack.
Old 02-24-2009
Forum Friend

boxermomma is on a distinguished road
Talking

3 dogs, 3 cats, 2 horses, 1 donkey

Chance, 4 year old Fawn and White Boxer, adopted from the shelter I work at. He was emaciated, heartworm positive and abandoned on a chain when we picked him up at 1 1/2 years old. He is our BABY now, well fed, heartworm free and very much loved. Complete house dog.

Lucky, 1 1/2 year old Fawn and White Boxer, also adopted from the shelter, also emaciated, plus had demodex mange. He is now beautiful, slowly filling out and also very much loved. He is Chances shadow. Complete house dog.

Tiggy, 8 year old reverse brindle pit bull. My brother-in-laws dog that lives with us. Total sweetheart, wouldn't hurt a fly, carries foster kittens to me in her mouth. Fat, lazy, couch potato.

Charcoal and Sunny, 1 year old cats, gray and orange respectfully. Sweet, fat and love to take naps on my horses backs!

Momma kitty, showed up at my house and never left. Also very sweet.

Rowdy, 4 year old Paso/Peruvian horse. Went to auction as a stray from our shelter and I cried for the entire week before we had to take him. My husband knew I was in love and went to the auction and bought him for me. He was definitely abused by a man, won't let a man hardly touch him, but loves me and is a beautiful boy. We have had him for 3 years.

Angel, 10 year old Arabian horse, just acquired her 3 weeks ago from a rescue lady. She was extremely emaciated, but appears sound and bombproof. We have put about 200 pounds on her already. I think she will make a great horse for my kids once she is back in shape.

Rocket, 8 year old Donkey, picked up as a stray and never claimed at the shelter. No one wanted him, I was told it might be more humane to put a bullet in him, so...... he came home and is best buddies with Rowdy. Amazingly he is harness broke and very much a character.

All of our critters except for 2 of the cats have come fromour shelter. Pics of them are in the gallery. LOL

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain
Old 02-24-2009
Kennel Commander

BernCo_Geo is on a distinguished road

2 dogs. 2 fishes.

Female Fox terrier mix. Adopted from Animal Humane shelter at a pets mart. Hyper dog. Very stubborn. Still trying to work with her after 3 years now.

Male Boxer. Adopted at the shelter. Pulled up to drop off animals. He was stood up at the kennel gate. I fell in love with him. He's so dam goofy lol. 6 months now. Still doing his puppy thing. Hes pretty calm. He has now picked up my other dog habbit of barking cause the wind is blowing.
Old 02-24-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Scooterchic is on a distinguished road

Three dogs.

A 7year old spayed English Mastiff named Boudica (fawn, black muzzle). My husband bought her from a breeder. His first dog ever. You can not be clean freak with her. Just holding a cookie if front of her and the water works start. Super friendly and lazy.

A 5 year old Neutered Rottie mix named Circus Monkey (black and brindle). My hubby found him from a foster home. The foster mommy called him "mouch" because that is what he does. He begs for everything. He is my boy. My best furry friend. Found injured rooming the streets of Phoenix and was impounded and fixed up.

A 2 year old spayed Whippet/pit bull and Shepard mix named Leloo (brindle,black muzzle and white on chest). We wanted a third dog and found her at the shelter I now work out of. She is scared of her own shadow. We call her chicken dog. She likes to run when we play and man she is fast!

Cheers, Scooterchic

Last edited by Scooterchic; 02-24-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2009
Almighty ACO

tomahto is an unknown quantity at this point

Kodama,

Lil Kim and Clover,

Siddhartha (not actual photo, but he looks like this)

and roommate's dog, Frida.
Old 02-24-2009
Field Operative

mecritterlover is on a distinguished road

I'm traveling light right now (got to get through chemo, then we'll see!):
1 "store bought" weim...hubby made an "impulse purchase" several years ago.
1 shelter weim...puppy mill seizure...what a tragedy, he was the last one, no one wanted him because health issues.
1 chocolate lab...laziest dog I've ever met! rescued from a 24/7 crate life, rescue called me, no one wanted him..."wouldn't" housebreak.
1 staffordshire bull terrier (NOT a "pit")...tiny little old man, surrendered to me by homeless man. Supposed to only be a foster, by the foster group "disappeared" so guess he's mine now.
1 cat from shelter, got for my son's birthday about 15 yrs ago
1 foster kitty, had her 6 kittens-all got adopted, no one wants mom...typical!
1 mustang, found abandoned in woodlot
1 paint/TB, dumped at my barn at 6 mo.old almost dead by a comm. shipper
2 cockatiels and a turtle, left behind by my son when he joined the marines.
Within the last 2 years, you could probably add 20+ animals to this list, good homes found for all! "An inch is a cinch, it's a yard that's hard"
Old 02-24-2009
Field Operative

ACO in Greenville,TX is an unknown quantity at this point

3 cats,

Tut - pure siamese and a pain the butt, came from the shelter, he lives under the bed.

Boo-boo Kitty - black and white male, he's our outside mouser and he also came from the shelter.

Anikan - siamese mix, our youngest named him, he came from my wife's work, she's a vet tech. He's a bottle fed pain.

5 dogs,

Kane - our newest is a 1 1/2 year old bloodhound, given to us by a police officer that couldn't keep him anymore, he's had a little training in searching.

Sirius Black - black standard poodle, came from our shelter, nursed him back from parvo, he's a little spoiled but a great dog.

Radar - mutt, blind as a bat from birth, no corneas, but he get's around great, we got him from a friend who had a litter living under his house.

Farley - so named because you can see him getting fatter, pure Golden Retriever, came from my wife's work.

Megan Collie - our oldest, she's a tri colored collie that came from the shelter. She's small, but suppose to be purebred.

2 - cockatoos, Talume and Hoodie.

16 horses, 3 of which are babies from last year.

1 duck

Numerous bantham chickens. I think last count was around 30. It's like Easter around the house, they wouldn't think of laying eggs in the hen house, just where ever they might be when the urge hits them.
Old 02-24-2009
Forum Friend

Lyra is on a distinguished road

Wow you guys make me sound like a light weight.

My daughter has a 5 year old corn snake named "Tycho". She won her in an essay contest at school a couple years back.

I have my cat, "Gabe", who is my pride and joy. He was a shelter rescue nearly 12 years ago.

And lastly my Husky "Kira" who was an abandon that was found wandering the streets last spring. As soon as I saw her I knew I was going to bring her home with me.

Between the cat and the dog I think I clean up enough hair each day to make more critters.