ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Job Openings

Old 05-15-2006
Probationary Trainee

Pitbull
Default ACO Position In Columbus, OH

I am a Field Supervisor with the Franklin County Department of Animal Care and Control located in Columbus, Ohio. We are currently looking for a full time Deputy Warden. Starting pay is $11.11 / hr. Closing date is 05/31/06. http://www.franklincountyohio.gov/co...n-05312006.pdf
\"History will have to record that the greatest tradgedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.\"-Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 05-16-2006
Kennel Commander

halfacop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, great - I think I will apply since I am looking to move.

Question

- does this AC department have a firearms program, as in do they carry a sidearm?

- What type of vehicle do they use for patrol.

- What system do they use to dispatch complaints.

- any other info you may have would be appreciated.
Old 05-16-2006
Almighty ACO

UCDW880 is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe!

Mary Beth
Old 05-18-2006
Probationary Trainee

Pitbull
Default Real job description

In Franklin County, we are basically "The Dog Warden". We do not carry fire arms. We are armed with a baton and mace. We respond to violations of O.R.C. 955 (dogs running at large, licensing, and rabies vaccinations), bites (by dogs or any rabies suspect), and Police Assists (narciotics raids, dog fighting raids, and any other raids that they do where dogs are involved). We have a total of 17 Deputy Wardens when fully staffed. Last year we impounded over 10,000 dogs and filed over 5,000 criminal complaints. (We keep busy!) We also pick up the slack of all the local municipal wardens who keep banker hours. (Just kidding Marybeth.) If you have more questions, you can call (614)462-5763 and leave a message on my voicemail. I will return your call a.s.a.p. -Joe
\"History will have to record that the greatest tradgedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.\"-Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 05-19-2006
Almighty ACO

UCDW880 is on a distinguished road

Banker hours eh? Hmmm, I wish I would have known that on Valentines Day when I was stuck in the office till 9 pm and missed out on my dinner date! Or last Friday when I was stuck an extra half hour over. Or the Saturday I was riding my horse on the trails and my cell phone rings.

Kidding aside, I do appreciate your back up when I can't be here, and even more, your back up when I'm here and in need of an extra hand. All the deputies have been great about leaving me messages giving me a heads up about problems in my city that I might not know about.
I love getting my vacation days whenever I ask for them and my hours adjusted when I need it and getting to participate in statewide planning for zoonotic diseases, disasters and so on and playing with the kids in Safety Town.
But, in trade, sometimes I miss all the excitement of backing up the SWAT teams and running all those calls with the big mean nasties running loose.
MB