ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 04-22-2008
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

BHCZ1 is on a distinguished road

Winnie,
I was wondering when you would post the chow twins.. Its funny to look at all of our breeds and I see many rottys and the breeds people say are dangerous animals. It just goes to show you with a little love, responsbility and training they all can make good pets.... If the public could only get that, our job would be so much easier.....

Leah
Old 04-22-2008
Almighty ACO

UCDW880 is on a distinguished road

Weimaraners have a very special place in my heart, but my life just doesn't seem complete without another coonhound in it so I'm fostering a lovely bluetick hound (who's not as awesome as the black and tan I said goodbye to last summer, but who's very very funny).

I grew up with a Sheltie and will always love them. Bernese Mtn. Dogs are great but don't live nearly long enough. Fascinated by border collies. And, one day I'll bring home one of those beautiful Rottweilers that I help my friend with. I love her girls Phoenix, Asia and Serena, and Gucci, who died peacefully not too long ago.

I adore my Halle dog who is a lovely little black lab, but even so, they aren't my favorite....she will always be "the little stepdaughter"

Most hated/feared breed: Lhasa Apsos!!!!!! Followed closely by Chows (sorry Winnie...........)
Old 04-22-2008
Forum Friend

Firestar is on a distinguished road

I love dachshunds. I have had them all my life.
Loyal as can be and as unruly as a 2 year old.
Old 04-24-2008
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

I remember the days when I would get a phone call, and the person on the other end would say that they had just been bitten by a dog, and I could save a little time by just responding back with ďwhat color chow was it?Ē and 3 out of 4 times I would be right.

Aside from the attitude, what I donít like about Chows is that you canít just throw a leash on one. The fur is so thick around the neck that the leash just slides off over their heads. Itís kind of like leashing a pig.
Old 04-24-2008
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHCZ1 View Post
...It just goes to show you with a little love, responsbility and training they all can make good pets...
Amen to that one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old
...I could save a little time by just responding back with ďwhat color chow was it?Ē and 3 out of 4 times I would be right ...
Ouch!!! (Heh heh heh.) Hey! Not true! (Heh, heh, heh.)

Quote:
Aside from the attitude ...
Which is the best part, he-LLO ...

Quote:
... what I donít like about Chows is that you canít just throw a leash on one. The fur is so thick around the neck that the leash just slides off over their heads. Itís kind of like leashing a pig.
Well, they probably hate the fact that leashes are so hard to get on us, too. ("Dam' humans, they're so tall. Kind of like leashing a telephone pole.")

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 04-24-2008
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

I must admit that of all the Chow bites I have worked, there were only one or two that could be called unprovoked. Back when I could just ask what color was the chow that bit you, was when Star Wars was at the theaters, and Chows do have a resemblance to Ewoks. 90% of the chow bites I worked were children trying to pet them.

In fact, I did encounter a couple of Chows that were just as personable as a Labrador. But thinking back, I canít remember the last chow I had in the shelter. Now all I see in this area are pit bull type dogs. At any given time, about half of all the dogs in a local shelter are going to be pit bull type dogs.
Old 04-24-2008
Forum Friend

boxermomma is on a distinguished road

Boxers are my favorite (of course), next would be Malamutes and then Chocolate labradors
Old 04-25-2008
Probationary Trainee

jsellers1981 is on a distinguished road

I love all dog breeds but if I had to choose it would be Great Danes first. Something about them leaves me awestruck. My boyfriend won't let me have one though, he says our house isn't big enough for another animal, especially a Dane. I also love Cocker Spaniels and I currently have a pit/chow mix that is the love of my life and the best dog I have ever had.
Old 04-26-2008
Giga-posting ACO

Sunny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrdawg207 View Post
one female who is a rescue. She was going to be euthanized beacause she's deaf.
First let me start by saying...A big thank your for rescuing this girl

I think its sad that we as a society, expecially in the animal protection field, can think that is is alright and accept that it is ok to just disregard a animals life because of a disabilty. Maybe we should start putting all the humans who are deaf down, or the people who are missing a limb down. Geesh...

Everyone should read Redemption: The Myth of the Pet Overpopulation and the No Kill Revolution in America. A must read for people who are in the Animal Protection field. K I am done plugging this book....once again.

Sunny

"Saving just one pet won't change the world, but, surely the world will change for that one pet." You might be the only love they know in their life.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly

You can either be the cure or the disease.
Old 04-27-2008
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old View Post
... when Star Wars was at the theaters, and Chows do have a resemblance to Ewoks. 90% of the chow bites I worked were children trying to pet them.
Man, THAT never even occurred to me. Wow. I do get a lot of the 3- and 4-year-olds running up without any warning, to give the "nice teddy bear" a great big hug. (Luckily Kanda is completey bomb-proof, and I can usually put him out there first and pull Kira in next to me.)

Of course, since the haircuts, my chows look more like very big-headed poodles. I'm still trying to adjust.

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)