ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Upcoming Events

Old 03-19-2009
Giga-posting ACO

ksbirdhse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ksbirdhse

Take me with you! I want sushi, and am willing to be a tour guide.

Last edited by ksbirdhse; 03-19-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-19-2009
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Hey, dudette ... I feel a spring trip coming on ... you and me and anyone else who wants to join in. Come on, one day, just one day between Olema and Tomales somewhere ... just for one freakin' day, us and the dogs and the deer and a nice long hike. No studying for you, no legal papers or grad school apps for me ...

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 03-19-2009
Giga-posting ACO

aco30l13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to aco30l13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbirdhse View Post
Take me with you! I want sushi, and am willing to be a tour guide.
Are you still in the immediate areaor are you way north? If you are still in the area I would love to get together one night next week for dinner. I am leaving to go home for the weekend tomorrow and will be back up Sunday.
-American Indian Proverb

After dark all cats are leopards.
-American Indian Proverb,
Old 03-19-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmelangell View Post
See, we knew you had good taste in women.
I didn't know that the Queen of Narnia was actually Triplets. That's real scary asI already know one Queen of Narnia and now have met a second. LOL
-American Indian Proverb

Old 03-19-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbirdhse View Post
Oh yes... The little Japanese restaurant around the corner from your hotel, in the parking lot with the Safeway. YUM. SUSHI.

Also, the mexican restaurant, very small, on Bel Marin Keys (leave the parking lot and go to the left, it's a few blocks down on the right, has good food, or it used to)

Also, their is a Chinese restaurant up 101 at a hotel in Novato, Win can tell you the name, but they have walnut prawns that you might kill someone for.

And I like Moylan's Brewery up off of Rowland, and they have darts. I like their Irish Red.
Safeway and the japanes restaurant are gone as is most of the mall there. Pretty much all that is left there is the bank and Subway. Tried Maya Palenque today on Enfrente and will be heading out to try the taqueria next week. Will also make sure to head up for Chinese that you suggest.
-American Indian Proverb

Old 03-20-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aco30l13 View Post
Safeway and the japanes restaurant are gone as is most of the mall there. Pretty much all that is left there is the bank and Subway. Tried Maya Palenque today on Enfrente and will be heading out to try the taqueria next week. Will also make sure to head up for Chinese that you suggest.
Wow! I guess the economy has tanked all over. Shame about the sushi place ... that was a nice set of folks (and they treated their ornamental goldfish beautifully, too).

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 03-21-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmelangell View Post
Wow! I guess the economy has tanked all over. Shame about the sushi place ... that was a nice set of folks (and they treated their ornamental goldfish beautifully, too).
They are rebuilding the mall and everything is ripped apart. There is a new food store going in, don't remember what it is called but it is one I have never heard of. I took a second look around and found the Japanese restaurant way in the back of the construction, so it is still there, just hard to get to. And no signs to speak of, so if you don't know it's there, you don't go.
-American Indian Proverb

Old 03-21-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aco30l13 View Post
They are rebuilding the mall and everything is ripped apart. There is a new food store going in, don't remember what it is called but it is one I have never heard of. I took a second look around and found the Japanese restaurant way in the back of the construction, so it is still there, just hard to get to. And no signs to speak of, so if you don't know it's there, you don't go.
Wow. Strange time to decide to blow a bunch of money on a retrofit!!! Oh well, glad the Japanese folks are still in business, anyway.

If you or your crowd want a nice place to just hang out and see some wildlife at lunch, there's a couple areas near the shelter with pretty large populations:

(1) Birds: small lagoon on Bel Marin Keys. Keep going past the shelter & the little Mexican place about 1/3 of a mile. It's on the right and there's a nice little parking place there. Kerri and I used to go there and take photos and drink coffee once in a while.

(2) Deer: Cross over the freeway west of the shelter and take the first left (Alameda del Prado). About 1-1/2 mile down the Prado turns into a very small creek-bed area with a lot of nice condos. There are walking trails, but if you park your car along the creek pretty much anywhere there, especially earlyish, there'll be deer hanging out in the creek and browsing on everybody's rosebushes.

I do not miss the crazy people in charge up there, and I do not miss the destructive work environment, but man, oh, man, do I miss the county itself. Too much beauty, just plain too much. If the bosses weren't so freakin' certifiable, that would be the best ACO berth in the world.