Old 05-08-2007
Giga-posting ACO

aco30l13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to aco30l13
Default 6 cited, 58 roosters dead in cockfight in Gilroy

Quote:
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 05/07/2007 03:53:18 PM PDT

GILROY, Calif.- Six men were cited on misdemeanor cockfighting charges and 58 roosters were either killed in combat or euthanized as the result of a cockfight this weekend in rural Santa Clara County, authorities said.
An anonymous tipster alerted authorities to the cockfight Saturday at a home in Gilroy, about 80 miles south of San Francisco, according to sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Ed Wise.

Thirty men were at the scene when deputies arrived around 2 p.m. Most of the spectators scattered, but six were cited on charges including being present at a cockfight and possessing cockfighting implements and cockfighting birds.

Deputies recovered cockfighting spurs, video recording equipment and vitamins used to boost the birds' ability to fight longer. Two firearms and $5,200 in cash were also seized, Wise said.

Eight of the birds were already dead when deputies arrived. The other 50 were euthanized because they are trained to be aggressive and cannot be housed together, Wise said.
Well they got it most right. The first eight were euthanized because they were the injured winners from the fight. The other fifty were surrendered by the owner and there were another 8 already dead.

Here we go again, until our new rooster ordinance is passed anyway.
-American Indian Proverb

After dark all cats are leopards.
-American Indian Proverb,
Old 05-08-2007
Certified Posting ACO

KeepItWegging is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My home town is the talk about town this week LOL!

This the first I've heard of the cockfight!!! I hope throse animal abusers are sitting jail right now, if I get my hands on them lets say it won't be just the roosters they lost,.. it be their other rooster they will loose!!! If you know what I mean by the "Other Rooster" and I'm "NOT" talking the Cockaa-Doodle-Doo one!!!!!
Old 05-09-2007
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Good work, RLH!! Many congratulations! What's the new rooster ordinance going to be about?

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 05-09-2007
Giga-posting ACO

The new rooster ordinance states that you can only have a maximum of 4 roosters without a permit. The permit will be issued by animal control and we have the final say in issuing the permit. So far we have not been able to think of any reasons, other than 4H that would allow you to have more than 4 roosters.
-American Indian Proverb

Old 05-09-2007
Certified Posting ACO

KeepItWegging is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a street called 10th Street here in Gilroy, this one family have a few roosters and hans,They do roam free and I have to be careful not to run one them over when go by the house. I seen them out getting the eggs or getting a chicken or one the roosters ready for the BBQ. This a low income family, so I don't say anything about their animals, they have children and the kids need to eat something. Yes! I ask them about there uses of the animals and they said the eat the eggs and the chickens,.. They have a family to feed and they have low income. When I found that out and decided to help them get more chickens when they are low on Chicken. When do go to a livestock auction with a cattle rancher friend, I'll will bid on chickens and I can get up to 40 chickens at a time every few months for them or others that do the same thing in town. I get them by the crate loads and there's 5 to 8 per a crate and as cheap as $2.00 a crate. Oh yah the low income people I give the hans too, they will heat them,..They keep 2 to lay eegs and the rest are food. When the ones stop laying they eat them and when they see me when I walk the dogs they ask if I can get some new chickens. I have familes thats greatful will share their cooked chicken with me. It also makes me sad to know these guys are killed and eatting, because I do kinda get attached to a few that do have personalities. There are some that cluck when you talked to them. But, they feed familaies I know on low income and well that's life!
Old 05-16-2007
Forum Friend

doggz109

ummmm what exactly are you talking about???
Old 05-16-2007
Giga-posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggz109
ummmm what exactly are you talking about???
I was trying to figure that out too.
-American Indian Proverb