ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Ask the ACO

Old 03-22-2007
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_4_animal_rights
i just have to learn to think before acting.
You and me both, Ashlyn, you and me both. (As Kerri -- ksbirdhse -- would be sure to tell you!)

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 03-22-2007
Provisional Posting ACO

all_4_animal_rights
Send a message via Yahoo to all_4_animal_rights

i must really be having a brain fart i still dont know who your talking about oh and guess what i am now 14 as of 2/1. when i reply on here some people mail me back saying how do you know so much at such a young age, it cracks me up cause to tell you the truth i dont know.

oh yes by the way what was you name again
Old 03-22-2007
Giga-posting ACO

ksbirdhse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ksbirdhse

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmelangell
Quote:
Originally Posted by all_4_animal_rights
i just have to learn to think before acting.
You and me both, Ashlyn, you and me both. (As K -- ksbirdhse -- would be sure to tell you!)
OH HECK YEAH. Win, STOP and THINK... STOP and THINK.

And I, of all people, should learn to think first, feel later...

~k
Old 03-22-2007
Provisional Posting ACO

all_4_animal_rights

i think we all do at one point but i have the sense that once i get near the animal my " ok be careful not to get bit sence comes in"

at the exact moment i need it too.

lol
Old 03-22-2007
Forum Friend

carole
Send a message via Yahoo to carole Send a message via Skype™ to carole

I do ac for both a city and a village. Just recently I proposed some changes to the bylaw for the village. Under the "vicious dog" section pit bulls were specifically mentioned and they were considered "vicious" pretty much from the moment they were born. There was also a different standard held to the treatment of a "vicious dog" and a "vicious pit bull". If a "regular" dog bit someone the owner could be fined and all that but the dog just had to be securely contained and muzzled etc, but if a pit bull did the same it had to be removed from the municipality within 49 hours. VERY unfair. I asked to have any mention and special treatment of pit bulls removed from the bylaw. I also strongly recommended several other changes including increasing fines. Ok pretty much re-wrote minor sections of the entire bylaw. Threw in a pooper scooper bylaw to boot. Had to go before a council meeting and explain why I had made the changes I did and why they should accept my proposal. Last I heard, they are going to vote in favor of all my changes. It was a long time coming but definitely needed and hopefully will make a difference, especially if the irresponsible people get hit a bit harder in the pocketbook.
Old 03-22-2007
Certified Posting ACO

KeepItWegging is an unknown quantity at this point

Punish the deed, not the breed!
Old 03-22-2007
Provisional Posting ACO

all_4_animal_rights

Quote:
Punish the deed not the breed
this is very true to bad not every one else thinks so
Old 05-08-2007
Certified Posting ACO

Default Re: Pitbull VS Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear
i would like to hear from others on: The idea of pitbulls being banded or should there be stricter laws on pitbull owners?
BAN THE OWNERS, NOT THE PIT BULLS! Punish the DEED, not the Breed!!! Or punish the stupied people!
Old 05-09-2007
Giga-posting ACO

aco30l13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to aco30l13

I think the best thing that can happen is the new spay/neuter bill that is comoing out. It will give animal control the ability to grant permits for breeding and shows and the rest of tha animals need to be fixed. I thin breeding one particular breed is wrong. We have trouble with pits but get the worst bites from Husky and malamute. ALso have troubles with chows and many bites from toy breeds. If you track the bites in a particular jurisdiction you find that the pit isn't the worst, just the latest in the media frenzy. In the 70's it was German SHepherds, 80's was the Doberman, 90's the Rottweiller and now the Pit.
-American Indian Proverb

After dark all cats are leopards.
-American Indian Proverb,
Old 05-09-2007
Certified Posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aco30l13
I think the best thing that can happen is the new spay/neuter bill that is comoing out. It will give animal control the ability to grant permits for breeding and shows and the rest of tha animals need to be fixed. I thin breeding one particular breed is wrong. We have trouble with pits but get the worst bites from Husky and malamute. ALso have troubles with chows and many bites from toy breeds. If you track the bites in a particular jurisdiction you find that the pit isn't the worst, just the latest in the media frenzy. In the 70's it was German SHepherds, 80's was the Doberman, 90's the Rottweiller and now the Pit.
What Kinda Husky are you talking about? Theres are many type of Huskies

Siberian Husky
Alaskan Husky(Siberian Mixed)
Husky-Wolf(These are one one that look like Siberian, but they are the ones that getting the Siberian Husky Blaimed for the bites)
Canadian Husky
Greenland Husky
Mackeniz River Husky

There are more, but can you define what type of Husky bites? No, I think you shoud state something the defines what type of husky. Being a breeder of Siberian Huskies for almost 20 years my dogs would never attack unless they are attacked and blood is drawing from them. Just ask my local ACO, he knows after my soon be champion show dog will not attack unless you hurt him very bad and he has to defend himself! So before you lable a breed of dog like the husky, please be accerate on what KIND OF HUSKY! Even and Alaskan Malmute is offen called a Husky! You are an ACO and you should well know this OK. Also, state Pincher or Shepher,..People will thing Germen Pincher, Mini Pen, or any breed with the word with Pincher or Shepherd will think of a a breed with that name in it!