ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > Welcome Wagon

Old 06-23-2009
Probationary Trainee

93ACO93 is on a distinguished road
Red face Animal Services Officer from Arkansas

Hello everyone!

Of course I'm new to ACOfunstop and I must say it's great! I joined mainly because I'm trying to find employment elsewhere. I've been working with the city of for two years now and I just feel like my talents are being wasted. Sad to say. Well, if anyone wants my history just let me know! Nice to meet you all!

~Des
Old 06-23-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

I just got back from a vacation in Eureka Springs Arkansas. Nice place, wouldn’t mind moving up there, but how exactly is the job market.
Old 06-24-2009
Almighty ACO

UCDW880 is on a distinguished road

I'd love to go visit Arkansas and visit, especially around Thanksgiving. My other half is an AWESOME duck caller.

MB
Old 06-24-2009
Field Operative

Tricia is on a distinguished road

Eureka is a very small town, I'm not even sure if they have an animal control officer. I think they just have the Good Shepherd Humane Society.

Elsewhere in AR, the economy has slowed things down a bit...so some positions are not being filled, promotions are frozen, etc, etc. One area that is growing by leaps and bounds is the NW Arkansas area near Eureka Springs, but a bit further west near Bentonville (Wal-mart Country.) The growth of Wal-Mart has spurred many retailers to either move their HQs near their largest customer or at least put in a small office of sales to meet Walmart's needs close to W-M's HQ.

Another area that is growing quickly is the area known as Central Arkansas near Little Rock.

All of the jobs will typically pay less than you will find in other areas, because the cost of living is lower here than in other states. There are economically depressed areas that have jobs available, but are typically few and far between, such as the delta region, along the Mississippi River.

Most counties in Arkansas do not even have a leash law. There just isnt enough money to provide animal services. The medium to large cities are the ones to watch for openings.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I live in Central AR and I really like it. But I love to visit the Ozarks, it is so beautiful up there.

Take care,
Old 06-26-2009

shawnee2630 is on a distinguished road

Welcome, I am fairly new to this site as well. It is a great place to vent, blow steam and find humor after, during or before work. So I have to ask, what exactly are your talents???
Old 06-28-2009
Provisional Posting ACO

cattledog804 is on a distinguished road

Welcome. I just got back from Little Rock. I enjoyed it and the people I met were very nice.