ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Job Openings

Old 07-18-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnee2630 View Post
Gas, I live in northern cali and drive a HEMI, I dont even want to talk about gas, try 3.28p/g and that's cheap, last summer I was paying over 100 bucks a tank
The most I put in my F150 was around $60, but I did squeeze $106 into my ACO truck one day where I wasnít paying attention to the gas gage.

Right now Iím driving a little Mazda Miata (people love to watch me insert and extract my 6Ē2Ē 220 pound frame from that car) and I usually fill it up at a half tank, 5 gal +-, so its about $10 - $15 per visit. Normal driving, W/O the AC on, it gets around 28 Ė 29 around town, with the AC it drops to 25 Ė 26, and one weekend I babied it around and got 32.2. My old KZ1000 only got 34 around town, so I canít complain.
Old 07-19-2009
Forum Friend

ACODAVIS is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ACODAVIS

Kentucky has some great agencies to work for and wonderful ACO's that enforce the laws. Again it is usually the larger citites in the state.

Most smaller agencies still pay around Min wage $8.00 is standard , even with experiance and training.

I have noticed in many places that towns do still look at us as Dog Catchers..... The Larger Cities with more people , and bigger budgets seem to be were to go.

Although I do know of a place that I thought would be GREAT! THey are TOP NOTCH! However Starting pay was $10.00 a hour and no relocation or Anything covered......
Old 07-19-2009
Probationary Trainee

assweetasbrandy is on a distinguished road

I work in Lexington...they start you at 8.00/hr and from word from the other aco's I work with...raises are pretty much crap....I like KY and wouldn't mind staying...however....don't think it could happen.... Its soooo frustrating!!! ACO's should be getting paid more!
Old 07-19-2009

animalcatcher15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernCo_Geo View Post
We were looking at other cities/counties pay awhile back. Henderson county (you know that town before getting to las vegas NV) Pays there Acos Dam well. around 50k a year with Naca 1 and cruelty 1 course. But thats just what i read. I cant confirm it.

I work as an ACO in the Las Vegas area. They pay really well at all of the agencies, but Henderson pays the most I believe. I started out at like 17-18 .00 per hr 4 1/2 yrs ago and am at 23.00 hr now. Cost of living is mediocre and there are no state taxes. Unfortunately there is a hiring freeze at all of the agencies around here due to the economy right now. One downfall of the area is the summer heat ( I hate it !!!! ) of up to like 115+ degrees sometimes. It was 113 on Friday as a matter of fact, but it only last a couple of months before it starts to cool down.
Old 07-19-2009
Kennel Commander

downsouth is an unknown quantity at this point

Right everyone can stop their bitching about prices. I just worked out we are paying $4.11us for 1 us gallon of 91 octane. So no more crap about how much are gas costs! And in nz dollars its $6.35 for every 1 us gallon!
Old 07-19-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Right everyone can stop their bitching about prices. I just worked out we are paying $4.11us for 1 us gallon of 91 octane. So no more crap about how much are gas costs! And in nz dollars its $6.35 for every 1 us gallon!
I saw one tonight that was $2.09. Of course, that was 87 octane. The standard right now is $2.19 almost everywhere.
Old 07-21-2009
Forum Friend

vylentgrrl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old View Post
We had a volunteer working here for a while who was born there and goes back for visits every now and then. He was telling me that the cost for the ferry between islands was enough to make you want to stay home. Gas is around $2.19 in my neighborhood, whatís it like out there?
Right now we're at 3.40/gallon. The cheapest is Costco, 3.10.
Old 07-21-2009
Forum Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
No need for the tone.
Old 07-21-2009
Forum Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting too old View Post
We had a volunteer working here for a while who was born there and goes back for visits every now and then. He was telling me that the cost for the ferry between islands was enough to make you want to stay home. Gas is around $2.19 in my neighborhood, whatís it like out there?
Oh yeah, that inter-island ferry went belly up. There were plans to service Big Island and Oahu but it fell through late last year and they went broke soon after. I saw it only once when I was on Oahu's Waikiki Beach. All of the other islands were boycotting it because they were afraid of mongoose being introduced to Kauai. Kauai has chickens instead of mongoose. They are literally all over the place. By roads, houses, parks, parking lots. My boss accidentally took one out on our way in to the shelter where we had our training. Feathers EVERYWHERE!!! lol.
Old 07-21-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Iíve seen Nat. Geo. Shows about the damage from feral hogs on the islands, is that still an issue?

How do you get from island to island? Fly and rent a car?