ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > In the News

Old 01-13-2006
Shelter Survivor

chumli
Default Pit Bull attacked by cat

There's a video link on the Yahoo home page under the news headlines section.

I don't know how to capture a link to this, maybe someone else can.

You really have to see it
Old 01-14-2006
Almighty ACO

Caninelaw is on a distinguished road

Not there anymore - too bad, sounded interesting.
Old 01-14-2006
Shelter Survivor

chumli

It's in the AP videos. Go to this page and scroll about halfway down http://news.yahoo.com/video/2529

The trouble is when I click on it, it just plays in my Yahoo Video Player, and there is no url to copy

It's from KXTV in California. I don't recognize the name of the town that they mention in the beginning.
Old 01-14-2006
Almighty ACO

Caninelaw is on a distinguished road

Well, I found it where you said from that link however all I get is a video ad and then it say the cat attacks pit bull video is next and nothing ever comes up. Must be my computer. I also searched the KXTV web site but they had nothing on it.
Old 01-14-2006
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

LiHammy is an unknown quantity at this point

I found out that you need to have a Yahoo acount to see it. It all free, so it is just a pain in the but to get it. it's a cute story and the pit owner is kinda a dumbass saying that all cats need to be on a leash.

While in training for my ACO cert. my instructor told us of a case where a pit was attacked and hurt badly enough that the owner of the dog requested that the cat be sent for rabies testing. It was a ferral cat and had no owner, so it did go for testing and came back negitive. The whole class said the cat should have had another chance based on the fact that he kicked the but of something three times it own size. That won a lot of respect. It was a moot point by then. I always root for the underdog being one myself.

Are there any other storys of cats winning a fights with something bigger. Please don't bring up that video of the ACO being interviewed by the local news with the cat tearing apart his leg. I think we've all seen that one too many times. poor guy
Old 01-14-2006
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

LiHammy is an unknown quantity at this point

I found out that you need to have a Yahoo acount to see it. It all free, so it is just a pain in the but to get it. it's a cute story and the pit owner is kinda a dumbass saying that all cats need to be on a leash.

While in training for my ACO cert. my instructor told us of a case where a pit was attacked and hurt badly enough that the owner of the dog requested that the cat be sent for rabies testing. It was a ferral cat and had no owner, so it did go for testing and came back negitive. The whole class said the cat should have had another chance based on the fact that he kicked the but of something three times it own size. That won a lot of respect. It was a moot point by then. I always root for the underdog being one myself.

Are there any other storys of cats winning a fights with something bigger. Please don't bring up that video of the ACO being interviewed by the local news with the cat tearing apart his leg. I think we've all seen that one too many times. poor guy
Old 01-14-2006
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

I get the same thing as Caninelaw ... a commercial, then nothing. I have a Yahoo account (and it recognizes me as being me), so I don't know what's wrong ... Very annoying. Oh well... have you seen the deer that gets attacked by the squirrel?? Now THAT's a funny clip.
Old 01-14-2006
Shelter Survivor

chumli

Well, it wasn't that great to worry about. There was not anything much on the video except a home movie of the dog playing frisbie and some pictures of cats. It's really just the interview with the silly woman that you should hear. But hey, we hear the same stupid crap on the job, don't we
Old 01-14-2006
Shelter Survivor

chumli

Where can I find the deer being attacked by a squirrel video?
Old 01-15-2006
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Try this, I think it will work -- if not, email me at stmelangell@yahoo.com and I'll mail you the clip. It's hysterical.

http://www.squizzle.com/movieview.asp?id=2565