Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Ask the ACO

Old 07-28-2005
Administrator
Site AdminGiga-posting ACO

Mark Kumpf has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny
Mark,

I think you misunderstood my post. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am calling the IC an INhumane method. ALso, I didn't call the heart a vein and I know it is not. I'm saying I think it is more painful injecting into the heart, rather than injecting into the vein.. I think it is applauling that they would half ass PTS's, just so anyone can do it. You should be making the animals death as quick and comfortable as possible....In the most Humane way. Where did I state that being stabbed in the heart was fun? I think it is inhumane and cruel method. I prefer the IV method myself. Take it easy

Sunny
Sorry, Sunny, I was not saying nor did I mean that you thought this was fun at all. IC injection is NOT should not be the easy substitute for those that can't learn to hit a vein. There are a number of techniques that help locate and do an IV stick, alchohol, shaving the area, tourniquet, TWO people... I have heard the IC touted as the way to go as they only have to hit it once... That is of course a big IF in my book.

Half #$#&^% euthanasia is animal cruelty. If you have someone that turns animals into pincushions just to hit a vein, they should be in order:
1. Relieved of duty & retrained by a competent vet (if they are truly just not properly trained) OR
2. Relieved of duty and have their future career path reopened to seek other employment.

AND - if its a callous disregard for their actions...

Criminally prosecuted for animal cruelty. There's no room in our profession for hacks.

I agree, IV not IC is the way to go.

Sorry if I was unclear. I AGREE WITH YOU!
Old 07-29-2005
Giga-posting ACO

Sunny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunny

Hi Mark,

I agree with everything that you have said Take it easy!

Sunny

"Saving just one pet won't change the world, but, surely the world will change for that one pet." You might be the only love they know in their life.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly

You can either be the cure or the disease.