ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > Chow Time

Old 08-04-2009
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

mzk10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Help for the menu-challenged

Like many of you, I'm frazzled. I work AC full time, security part time and go to school in between. I am tired. And I'm not nearly as organized as I'd like to be. For the past 2-3 years my diet has consisted of Take Out and Microwave meals. I put on 30 pounds (and I wasn't at ideal weight to begin with). My blood pressure and cholesterol were so high my doctor put me on medicines.

I spent several months consoling myself with Hot Wings and White Zinfandel, putting on another 5 pounds (not recommended). Then I joined Weight Watchers (again!) A fellow member shared this site with me and it has changed my life!

http://www.e-mealz.com/

You tell the site if you are shopping for a family or a couple, what your dietary preferences are (Point-System, Low-Carb, Low-Fat or Vegetarian) and where you shop. I do family, Points (Weight Watchers) at Super Walmart. My Mom does Vegetarian, couple at Ralphs. It's wonderful! Every week we get 7 days of menus plus shopping list. The meals are simple to make and tasty (even my teenager likes them). The shopping list is divided by store section (dairy, meats, canned goods, etc.) and lists sizes, brand names and estimated costs. It also works around the posted weekly sales for each particular store. It is worth the $5 a month.

I'm happy to say that in 2 months I've lost 22 pounds and saved hundreds of dollars by not hitting the drive thru daily. My waist is getting smaller and my savings account is getting bigger. I'm excited and wanted to share it with you guys.
Old 08-04-2009
Forum Friend

AMB is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk10 View Post
Like many of you, I'm frazzled. I work AC full time, security part time and go to school in between. I am tired. And I'm not nearly as organized as I'd like to be. For the past 2-3 years my diet has consisted of Take Out and Microwave meals. I put on 30 pounds (and I wasn't at ideal weight to begin with). My blood pressure and cholesterol were so high my doctor put me on medicines.

I spent several months consoling myself with Hot Wings and White Zinfandel, putting on another 5 pounds (not recommended). Then I joined Weight Watchers (again!) A fellow member shared this site with me and it has changed my life!

http://www.e-mealz.com/

You tell the site if you are shopping for a family or a couple, what your dietary preferences are (Point-System, Low-Carb, Low-Fat or Vegetarian) and where you shop. I do family, Points (Weight Watchers) at Super Walmart. My Mom does Vegetarian, couple at Ralphs. It's wonderful! Every week we get 7 days of menus plus shopping list. The meals are simple to make and tasty (even my teenager likes them). The shopping list is divided by store section (dairy, meats, canned goods, etc.) and lists sizes, brand names and estimated costs. It also works around the posted weekly sales for each particular store. It is worth the $5 a month.

I'm happy to say that in 2 months I've lost 22 pounds and saved hundreds of dollars by not hitting the drive thru daily. My waist is getting smaller and my savings account is getting bigger. I'm excited and wanted to share it with you guys.
Wow good for you I just started back on mine again. It's the cereal diet 1st time I did it I lost close to 50lbs in about 4 months, than I got lazy and started eating what I wanted to again. I think I can just look at food and I gain 5 lbs. Good luck on yours.
Old 08-04-2009
Almighty ACO

UCDW880 is on a distinguished road

Congratulations! That's wonderful. I do best if I get up early and go for a morning run, but then I get overwhelmed and start sleeping in again and lose both my weight loss and stress relief time. I eat awful too. I'd bring my lunch, but it seems like every time I go into the office to eat I get mired into office politics, so its better to pick up fast food and stay out of the office.

MB