ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 05-08-2009
Almighty ACO

UCDW880 is on a distinguished road

Excellent. I garnered an invite to the 3rd grade class to bring back Stanley and discuss his day. I was debating about what animal control topic to focus on with 3rd grade. Most of my talks are kindergarten. They are studying government, so I'm definitely talk about my bosses, the County Commissioners, and how government rules what I do, but responsible pet ownership would be a great way to add to it.

MB
Old 05-13-2009
Kennel Commander

ErinKelleher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ErinKelleher Send a message via Yahoo to ErinKelleher

(No, guys, not one of the ones you peeled off the road. Jeez, you people!)[/quote]

LOL....although for full effect, it would be much more appropriate, don't ya think?
Old 05-13-2009
Giga-posting ACO

ACO2642 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ACO2642 Send a message via Yahoo to ACO2642

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDW880 View Post
Excellent. I garnered an invite to the 3rd grade class to bring back Stanley and discuss his day. I was debating about what animal control topic to focus on with 3rd grade. Most of my talks are kindergarten. They are studying government, so I'm definitely talk about my bosses, the County Commissioners, and how government rules what I do, but responsible pet ownership would be a great way to add to it.

MB
I got an invite to talk with my neice's third grade class last year. I will never do that again. 9 year old kids are so open and inquisitive to the point where it can be downright embarassing. For example, while giving a speech on why it is important to ask a dog owner if it's OK to pet their dog, a job gets dispatched over the radio for two suspicious males at a particular location. (Mind you I must keep the radio on, even though I'm involved in a presentation). After the initial dispatch the dispatcher comes back on with a physical and clothing description of the males and advises that the caller believes they are "doing drugs or smoking marijuana".
With that, this kid in the front row blurts out " my aunt smokes pot everytime she visits my house" keep in mind medicinal marijuana is not legal in Penna. I had no idea how to respond, I wasn't even sure it would be proper to respond to that at all.
I looked at the teacher and she was just beside herself, she quickly complosed herself and asked the class to give me a big hand and a thank you for visiting.
That was the last time I will ever do a school visit. from now on I'll leave the school visits up to the DARE experts.

Light travels faster than sound,
which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The early bird gets the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese!
Old 05-14-2009
Probationary Trainee

assweetasbrandy is on a distinguished road

I had Flat stanly come visit me last year via my nephew in NY(I'm in KY). At the time I was working for a horse farm. Stanly helped me work with the horses and went to Cici's Pizza were he ate macaroni pizza! My nephew told me that everyone loved his adventure encluding the part were he had to help pick up the poo!
Old 05-18-2009
Kennel Commander

ErinKelleher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ErinKelleher Send a message via Yahoo to ErinKelleher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO2642 View Post
I got an invite to talk with my neice's third grade class last year. I will never do that again. 9 year old kids are so open and inquisitive to the point where it can be downright embarassing. For example, while giving a speech on why it is important to ask a dog owner if it's OK to pet their dog, a job gets dispatched over the radio for two suspicious males at a particular location. (Mind you I must keep the radio on, even though I'm involved in a presentation). After the initial dispatch the dispatcher comes back on with a physical and clothing description of the males and advises that the caller believes they are "doing drugs or smoking marijuana".
With that, this kid in the front row blurts out " my aunt smokes pot everytime she visits my house" keep in mind medicinal marijuana is not legal in Penna. I had no idea how to respond, I wasn't even sure it would be proper to respond to that at all.
I looked at the teacher and she was just beside herself, she quickly complosed herself and asked the class to give me a big hand and a thank you for visiting.
That was the last time I will ever do a school visit. from now on I'll leave the school visits up to the DARE experts.
LoL...kids say the darndest things right???
Old 05-23-2009
Kennel Commander

Opie913
Send a message via AIM to Opie913 Send a message via Yahoo to Opie913
Default My 2 cents

I know this is a little late (how did the project go?)...but I had the pleasure of having Flat Stanley, well Flat Paige (my niece) visit me from Tennesse. They figured she would travel the furthest (as I am in CA) and have the best adventures. I had a lot of fun answering her questions and taking photographs of Flat Paige in my truck...with a dog at the shelter...etc. And the best part? My niece and I received an A+!

They are able who believe they are able.