ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Ask the ACO

Old 05-11-2009
Field Operative

ACO in Greenville,TX is an unknown quantity at this point

They are really handy we've used them for years. You catch a snake or squirrel or other small critters, drop them in the bag, pull the drawsting shut, wrap the string three or four times around the neck of the bag, but the bag in the truck cage, hold the neck of the bag, shut the inner door with the neck of the bag pinched off, and presto no escape.

They are like $5.00 at Walmart, ours are blue, but they come in a variety of colors.

It's always funny when one wears out and the new director looks at the reciepts and wants to know why your buying laundry bags.

We also buy pig rings from the local feed store for repairing our traps and securing gate clips to the pens. I got a call from finance because they had a charge for pig rings and couldn't figure out who had bought them, they lost the attached paperwork. They always call me when it's something weird now. LOL
Old 05-11-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

Youíre getting much better advice than I got at my first snake course. Mine was quite simple, if it rattles itís a rattlesnake, if it swims itís a water moccasin and everything else is a copperhead. I kind of moved up since then.
Old 05-12-2009
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

Learning To Fly is on a distinguished road

I made a bag similar to the Wal-Mart laundry bags, out of denim with a drawstring top, but I also added a loop-type strap made of about an 18" length of canvas webbing sewn into the bottom hem-it's useful when carrying a wiggly or heavy animal, and when I am depositing the critter from the bag into whatever it's going into I can loosen the top drawstring and then pull the bag out of the closed or nearly closed kennel/crate/whathaveyou by pulling the canvas handle through the bars/door/lid/whathaveyou, thereby keeping my ten fingers safe from any errant claws/teeth/whathaveyou. It has worked fabulous for me, and washes just great!

ďNot to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.Ē
St Francis of Assisi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~