ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Job Openings

Old 04-30-2009
ACOFunStop "Poster" Child

Learning To Fly is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm rootin' for ya...I need a vacation!

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.”
St Francis of Assisi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Old 05-03-2009
Provisional Posting ACO

Noac is on a distinguished road

If you all need any info on the position just let me know. I use to be an ACO for the Kona shelter. Unfortunately I moved back home to Iowa into an ACO position where the people were not nearly as caring. The staff of HIHS and kona shelter esspecially are great, caring people. I was there from 6/06 to 4/07, it was my entry into this field. Was only there to train as a helicopter pilot but got this "job"(more like an obession) for some spare money. It quickly took over my life and caused me to neglect my studies. It is a tough place to work at times, for many reasons, including racial tension, cultural differences with animals(as was stated), and cost of living. Though with that said it was still an amazing place to live and work, it saddens me to no longer be there.

The Kona shelter has a long history of high turnover but seems to have stabilized quite a bit. The staff was nearly all new when I was there, the entire place had been going through big changes. One of my co-ACO's went from ACO, to Lead ACO, to Shelter Manager in the time I was there. Shortly after I left she became Director of Operations and another ACO who started shortly before me became the current Shelter Manager.

Anyway, as I said before, If anyone here as questions regarding duties or working conditions feel free to ask here for everyone's benefit or PM me if you wish.

Best Regards,
Tadd

Last edited by Noac; 05-03-2009 at 01:36 AM.