ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 03-13-2009
Field Operative

NCACO2CI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NCACO2CI

Im with winnie on this, I didnt see a shepard mix on that list.

And I know where he lives...lol And dont forget those fiest mixes
Ive picked up more than I can count and usually escaped from home...
Old 03-13-2009
Provisional Posting ACO

z6bhc is on a distinguished road

My chow mix (chow, rottweiller, and german shorthair pointer according to the DNA test!) is one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. He may be a black tongued devil but he super smart and tolerant too.
My American bulldog-boxer is one of the dumbest animals (maybe brain damage from his parvo fever??!!) but he is really sweet.....
Old 03-13-2009
Giga-posting ACO

stmelangell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stmelangell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecritterlover
... but OMG that has got to be the cutest puppy pic I've seen in an awful long time! Could ALMOST change my mind about those black tongued devils! hehehe
I think I may have to do a "Black-Tongued Devil" T-shirt design ... I like that line!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z6bhc View Post
My chow mix (chow, rottweiller, and german shorthair pointer according to the DNA test!) is one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. He may be a black tongued devil but he super smart and tolerant too.
Between rescuing and ACOing, I've seen a lot of chows, but I have never seen one ever be stupid. My own Kandahar is probably the most "goofy" chow I've ever known, but even he has a lot more going on behind the eyes than he ever goes public with. They're a sort of Wild West "strong and silent" type, really ... really, really quiet and self-contained, very "you do your thing, I'll do mine," until and if they decide they have to shoot. Then, God help you, because it's just BANG! straight from the hip, no warning given and no nonsense taken.

As I say, now THAT's a real dog. No muss, no fuss, just fluffy blue-tongued purposefulness.

It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts. (J.M. Lawrence)
Old 03-19-2009
Almighty ACO

UCDW880 is on a distinguished road

My Weims have all been the smartest dogs I've ever known. Right now I'd give top dollar for some dumbing down serum for my current Weim. I have no place left in my entire home to keep dog food that I can keep him out of. You name it, gates, doors, locks, special bins, he can get through it all...but only sometimes when the moon and stars align.
My hounds weren't dumb, but they just never really cared to apply their brains to anything. They could easily live for years without ever thinking about anything.
The Labs aren't dumb either, but they don't try to manipulate the world to suit them like the Weims do. They think about whatever is in front of their face here and now.

and back to my pet peeve.....its GERMAN SHEPHERD! They are HERDING dogs not PARDING dogs!!

MB