ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Ask the ACO

Old 08-21-2005
Giga-posting ACO

Sunny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunny
Default Need Help....

Hey everyone

As some of you know, I'm not currently in the ACO field. I am though currently looking for a ACO position. I'm having a hard time find employment in the AC field..here in Canada. The turn over rate is very low.

Just wondering if anyone here in Canada knows of any job openings or know if any are coming up in the near future? I am willing to relocate.

I have prior ACO experience and completed a first aid for pets course. I'm willing to do animal care attendant work...but with the objective of becoming an ACO as my career goal. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sunny

"Saving just one pet won't change the world, but, surely the world will change for that one pet." You might be the only love they know in their life.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly

You can either be the cure or the disease.
Old 08-21-2005
Provisional Posting ACO

sue
Default job

Hi Sunny: Have you checked on the HSUS, ASPCA & AHA websites? They have a section with job listings, as there is on here. You can also go to PetFinder.com & click on message board at the top of the page - there is a forum there for jobs. Good luck
Old 08-21-2005
Forum Friend

aco416iris
Send a message via MSN to aco416iris Send a message via Yahoo to aco416iris

Hey Sunny,
hang in there....although a little bird told me that there might be a position in Ottawa coming up soon....brush up on your French skills and who knows
Old 08-21-2005
Giga-posting ACO

Sunny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunny

Thanks Iris I could definiatly work on my french.

I have checked those sites. Only problem is the are u.s. jobs. It would be hard to obtain a job in the u.s...unless you have a work visa. Honestly...I would have to really consider moving to the states. Would love to be relocated in Canada. What can I say..I'm a Canadian girl through and through

P.S. Actually have not looked at the petfinder website....going to check that now *S*.

Sunny

"Saving just one pet won't change the world, but, surely the world will change for that one pet." You might be the only love they know in their life.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly

You can either be the cure or the disease.
Old 08-23-2005
Provisional Posting ACO

ontherunaco
Send a message via Yahoo to ontherunaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by aco416iris
Hey Sunny,
hang in there....although a little bird told me that there might be a position in Ottawa coming up soon....brush up on your French skills and who knows
Hey Iris, Does swearing in french count...lol I could use another area. I only have 3 municipalities...ha ha
Like I have time. But wait as it is, I don't have a life. Andrea
Old 11-19-2005
Provisional Posting ACO

Officer487

I can't make promises, but I suspect a position may become available in the next few months in the greater Vancouver region. Just check our website once in awhile. www.richmond.ca The City posts current openings for only one week. Good Luck. Sunny, feel free to pm if you have questions. Cheers.