ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > In the News

Old 01-03-2011
Almighty ACO

Caninelaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acofred View Post
"When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away." Can't recall who this quote is attributed to, but it's certainly true.
Yeah, there's a bunch like that...all true I might add.

"I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy."

"There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."

-Charlton Heston, 15 Sept 1997, Fox News Channel

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns."

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."
-Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President

"Laws can't control the lawless"
-Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed- unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.”
James Madison

"Gun control has cleared the way for seven major genocides since 1915, in which governments gone bad murdered 56,000,000 persons, including millions of children."
-Aaron Zelman of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership

"I sympathize with people who want to ban guns, but I can't agree with them. We have to be careful in our zeal to abolish guns that we don't wind up with counter-productive legislation that will leave armed only the people most likely to do harm with them."
-Hugh Downs, veteran ABC newsman

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."
-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

"Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave."
- Andrew Fletcher 1698

"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."
- Larry Elder, radio personality

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to
'keep and bear arms.’ If it had, there would have been wording such as
'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’
Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992 ) (note: for any liberals reading this, its meant to be sarcastic…)

"Terrorists don't seem to be too afraid of stern language. But I do notice, that while the fear of death does not seem to deter these people, the fact of BEING dead does significantly decrease their operational effectiveness."
Bill Whittle

"The Second Amendment is in place in case the government ignores the others."

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected peoples to carry arms have prepared their own fall." — Adolf Hitler, Edict of 18 March 1939

"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA — Ordinary citizens don’t need guns, as their having guns doesn’t serve the State." — Heinrich Himmler
Old 01-03-2011
Giga-posting ACO

DRNEGRIN6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DRNEGRIN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by acofred View Post
"When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away." Can't recall who this quote is attributed to, but it's certainly true.

But in minutes, you can very easily be dead, vs. if you can defend yourself immediately, you might be able to save your own life.

I was left on a call where it broke into a domestic in front of me; the people I was watching had no idea I was watching them and thought I was just someone standing around. I was in uniform but the way that I was standing (to try and blend in), you can only see me in profile and could not see the ACO logos, etc. I had to call twice for back up. By the time the uniforms got there, it was 40 minutes later and I was the only one who had visual on the 5 (not one) people involved which tried to split up in different directions when the squad cars started to role. I was the one who had to point out the people involved. Oh, and by the way, they had a dog that was allegedly RAL a few minutes before and allegedly attacked someone, and I was called out on my own to check it out. Not fun. I was also too far away to make a run for the truck without revealing who I was and possibly further endangering my life.

In this case, I wonder if my being small and a woman might have played to my advantage since the people just looked past the fact that I was standing there catching in everything that was happening. Unless, they were so oblivious to their surroundings that they did not see me there.

I am so glad I'm no longer working there. I liked working with PD but they really did not take ACO calls as a priority unless it was one of their own's dog etc. that was involved. Dispatch would have me on hold for 10 minutes sometimes, when I've pulled over on a major highway (because, God forbid you tell dispatch that you are in a dangerous piece of road, could you please hold until I can pull over somewhere safer?), but if I did not take the call when they called, they would literally have a fit... Their regular ACOs could do no wrong, but there was no pleasing the person in charge.

Same town, they left me in a situation where I went to try and capture an aggressive Chow that was threatening the public. The "public" tried to help and was chasing the dog in and out of traffic. Mind you, some of these people that were trying to help were teenagers. I could not get them to stop but was able to stop the traffic as I "chased" the dog off the main road onto the side streets. Once the dog was off the main street, I was able to corner him and capture him. It was very dangerous since the teenagers were trying to help but I was in fear that they might get bit since the dog turned on me at the last minute and got by me the first time I tried to get him.

Last edited by DRNEGRIN6; 01-03-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old 07-14-2011
Administrator
Site AdminGiga-posting ACO

Mark Kumpf has disabled reputation
Default Appeal denied!

James Ramirez, one of two convicted for the murder of Bellmead ACO Bobby Evans, appealed his case. The 10th Court of Appeals affirmed his conviction and ruled that the trial court did not err in its actions regarding this case. He was sentenced to 90 years in prison where he is currently spending what will hopefully be the rest of his life.

Case Number: 10-10-00163-CR
James Terry Ramirez vs The State of Texas
http://www.10thcoa.courts.state.tx.u...?FilingID=9783
Old 07-14-2011
Forum Friend

Location: From NYC then was cop in FLA moved to TX and love protecting animals
dogcop51 is on a distinguished road

Thank God
The Court did whats right
Old 07-24-2011
Forum Friend

1xOscar88 is on a distinguished road

I am glad to see some justice in this case. Not that it brings back ACO Evans, but the trash has been disposed of!

Rest easier, my ACO Brother! You will not be forgotton!