ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > Announcements

Old 06-07-2011
Giga-posting ACO

DRNEGRIN6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DRNEGRIN6
Default Update on Stolen Kitten from Maine - Need to fax letters

Hi all,

I'm not sure if you all remember the story of Justin, the kitten from Maine that was stolen and brought to NJ. The person who stole the kitten returned back to Maine without such kitten. From what I was able to gather, the kitten was either thrown against a door in the house or dumped in the snow in NJ to die. We are not sure which since the story changed multiple times. The mother and daughter "duo" are facing charges but it is more for "stolen property" than for animal cruelty.

My gut feeling is that the kitten is still alive and that these people left it with a friend somewhere in NJ. This girl bounced around living wherever someone would take her in. One person at a YMCA told me that they saw her sneak the kitten in and leave with him. (The YMCA does not allow animals in so the person would have to decide whether or not to "dump" the animal somewhere or leave.) If Cassandra had truly dumped the kitten in the snow, why would she have left the YMCA with the kitten for a friend's house? I was able to track her down to an address but because it was a housing complex for low income people, the police would not help me try and track her down. The trail went cold there.

Please help Safe Haven get their kitten back or at least Jusice for Justin.

Subj: Fw: ALERT FAX YOUR LETTER TO DISTRICT ATTOURNEY OFFICE NOW FOR JUSTIN!!!!!
Date: 6/6/2011 11:23:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: drnegrin6@cs.com
File: AnimalLoverCopyFaxtoDistrictAttorneyAveryKent.zip (21893 bytes) DL Time (TCP/IP): < 1 minute
Received from Internet: click here for more information

Karen,
WE need you to fax a letter to the DA's office with any info you have on this case and to beg them to demand we get our kitten back.
Please ask everyone you know to please help by faxing. We only have two days! Should be there by Wed AM!!!!
thanks,

me
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 4:01 PM
Subject: ALERT FAX YOUR LETTER TO DISTRICT ATTOURNEY OFFICE NOW FOR JUSTIN!!!!!

I just found out that this Thursday lawyers will be negotiating Justin's case. -Now more than EVER we need EVERYONE, YOU, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR NEIGHBORS, YOUR CO WORKERS, EVERYONE to fax your own letter or either letter attached to :
Kent Avery
Assistant District Attorney
Fax: 459-2435

If you don't have a fax machine, email it over to me and I will fax it for you. Or have someone else do it, or drop it off at our adoption center in Wells!! Sign the letter and put your address or at least your town and state.

Please do not wait. The return of our little fellow lays in your hands!!!!!!!!

Justin was stolen by Sandra and Cassandra Molina and this case is coming to a close.
We must get our kitten back. The state has a suggested fine of $200 for this crime. This is NOT enough and is not what we want. WE WANT OUR KITTEN JUSTIN BACK, AND WE WANT SANDRA AND HER DAUGHTER CASSANDRA TO RETURN HIM.

Suggested fax letter is attached. Please use it as a basic outline and add what you want. Keep it short and effective. Go around to your friends and ask them to sign one and fax it over. Again, the more faxes they get at the DA's office the better.

Please...I am truly begging you all, this stolen kitten case has been the worst situation we personally have experienced . For 6 months the search has gone on and it has broken our teams hearts and worried us sick!!
We don't know where our baby is. We heard Cassandra threw him against a bathroom door during a fight with her boyfriend back in December. Our work in NJ reported back nothing good about what Justin was exposed to and how he was being treated. This darling little kitten deserves and needs to come home to him family. We will settle for nothing less!

LET'S GET OUR BABY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please everyone get faxing NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!

ADA Kent Avery
York County Superior Court
45 Kennebunk Road
Alfred, Maine 04002

Dear District Attorney Avery,

As an animal lover the stolen kitten case which Safe Haven Humane Society is involved in, is of great concern. No person has the right to steal a companion animal from any organization! Any person who does must be responsible for the immediate and safe return of that animal and be accountable for any medical expenses if that animal has been abused. A simple fine does not correct the damage done. Safe Haven?s kitten must be safely returned to Safe Haven Humane Society.

I urge you to follow through and demand the prompt return of Justin, the kitten stolen from Safe Haven in December, 2010 by Sandra Molina of Kennebunk, and her daughter Cassandra Molina. This kitten was taken without Safe Haven consent at an age of just 6 weeks ? another violation of Maine animal laws ? to New Jersey, where he was subjected to both reported neglect and abuse.

Animal abuse, theft, and neglect will not be tolerated by those of us who believe that animals have feelings and have rights.

Thank you for helping us get Justice for Justin!

Sincerely,

ADA Kent Avery
York County Superior Court
45 Kennebunk Road
Alfred, Maine 04002

Dear District Attorney Avery,

As a volunteer, supporter, and/or member of Safe Haven Humane Society, I urge you to follow through and demand the prompt return of Justin, the kitten stolen from Safe Haven in December, 2010 by Sandra Molina of Kennebunk, and her daughter Cassandra Molina, lately of Elizabeth, NJ. This kitten was taken without Safe Haven consent at an age of just 6 weeks ? another violation of Maine animal laws ? to New Jersey, where he was subjected to both neglect and abuse.

During our six months of searching, contacts in New Jersey reported to us that Cassandra had thrown our kitten against a bathroom door during a domestic quarrel. She was reported walking around town in 16-degree weather with her jacket open, our kitten hanging out of her tank top. In addition to separating him from his mother prematurely and exposing him to various dangers, she neglected, abused and fed him improper foods.

For over six months we have actively worked with police departments in Wells, ME and Elizabeth, NJ as well as Maine and New Jersey animal cruelty investigators, animal control officers, animal shelters, rescue groups and private citizens who have offered their help. Hundreds of people have rallied to help us find Justin, and we will settle for nothing less than his safe return!

Further, we recommend that Sandra and Cassandra never be allowed to own, adopt or have any animals in their care. Finally, due to their unpredictable behavior that they be forbidden from coming near our Adoption Center (address above) or any Safe Haven member or volunteer.

Thank you for helping us get Justice for Justin!

Sincerely,