ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Talking Shop > Job Openings

Old 12-30-2010
Giga-posting ACO

DRNEGRIN6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DRNEGRIN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTinTN View Post
I'm sure. And I'll never understand why. If you're a micro-manager and think no one else on the planet is capable of running anything but you, wny not hire some brainless moron that knows nothing, pay them federal minimum wage and have them do it your way? Why bother looking for someone that has knowledge and experience and can do an incredible job and then tie their hands?? Just don't get people like that. And you're right. Happens all the time.
If you hire a moron and you know you hire a moron, if something goes wrong, the person who hires the moron is the one that is fired. If you hire someone intelligent and then tie their hands, if something goes wrong, the person who hired that person states that he hired someone that was qualified for the job so he (the hirer) cannot be blamed if the other person messed up.

Trust me, I speak from experience. I have often been hired because of my qualifications, but when I tell them that I'm not doing something in a certain way because it is against the law, they try to either set me up or terminate my position because they "financially can't afford me". They then wind up hiring two people to do the job that I was doing. You are going to tell me that hiring two people (even if they are both morons) is less expensive than hiring one intelligent person? I often leave a paper trail so that if they try to say that I did something wrong, I can clearly show that I tried contacting my superiors for advice and they either ignored my requests or simply told me the wrong information.

As many have said, document everything.

By the way, thanks for the compliment regarding comparing me to the vet. you know. I try my best and often feel underappreciated for the work I do. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I know I'm helping as many animals as I can. I wish I could do more but unfortunately, it is often the humans that interfere with the proper treatment of the animals.
Old 12-30-2010
Forum Friend

HARTinTN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HARTinTN Send a message via Yahoo to HARTinTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xOscar88 View Post
I've seen shady politics, corruption, and good ole boys clubs happen way too often, unfortunately.
I found that many times my application has been intercepted by an automated system that disqualifies me for something as simple as not posessing a drivers license from that particular state. (To which I would easily obtain once I actually MOVED to that state.)

Either way... My opinion... APPLY AND TRY FOR IT ANYHOW!!! "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"! They might be able to substitute your years of experience for the degree.

If you were able to go to the state and get your Euth. cert beforehand, it might help.
I was thinking of going to get it and see if there's a course of any kind of shelter management coming up. The resume hasn't gone out, and I'm not dropping it in the mail until Monday, so I'd love to get signed up for courses and add that to the resume. Anyone know where I can find a list of courses by state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNEGRIN6 View Post
If you hire a moron and you know you hire a moron, if something goes wrong, the person who hires the moron is the one that is fired. If you hire someone intelligent and then tie their hands, if something goes wrong, the person who hired that person states that he hired someone that was qualified for the job so he (the hirer) cannot be blamed if the other person messed up.

Trust me, I speak from experience. I have often been hired because of my qualifications, but when I tell them that I'm not doing something in a certain way because it is against the law, they try to either set me up or terminate my position because they "financially can't afford me". They then wind up hiring two people to do the job that I was doing. You are going to tell me that hiring two people (even if they are both morons) is less expensive than hiring one intelligent person? I often leave a paper trail so that if they try to say that I did something wrong, I can clearly show that I tried contacting my superiors for advice and they either ignored my requests or simply told me the wrong information.

As many have said, document everything.

By the way, thanks for the compliment regarding comparing me to the vet. you know. I try my best and often feel underappreciated for the work I do. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I know I'm helping as many animals as I can. I wish I could do more but unfortunately, it is often the humans that interfere with the proper treatment of the animals.
That makes sense. Never thought of it that way.

I learned when I first started in rescue that the only down side to it is you have to deal with humans.
Old 12-31-2010
Forum Friend

HARTinTN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HARTinTN Send a message via Yahoo to HARTinTN

Ok, had one heck of a big turn of events. Too long to private message anyone. Can anyone e-mail me so I can get some advice on this?? I'm about ready to scream. It goes back to the old animal control issue that's local here.