ACOFunStop.Com Forums

Go Back   ACOFunStop.Com Forums > Kicking Back > General Chat

Old 12-07-2010
Giga-posting ACO

DRNEGRIN6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DRNEGRIN6

Dale,

You're lucky. I met some of the Northern SPCA agents. The ones I worked with are great. The ones near my practice, not so. They go only on an ACOs word without investigating. I have had numerous clients of mine who's rights have been violated and were threatened to plead guilty to something they did not do in order for the municipalities to get money from the fines. In one case, a child was bitten after grabbing the dog and unintentionally hurting the dog. Because the child was hurt, the dog was charged as a vicious dog; once they found out that I was testifying for the defense, the charge was lowered and the owner got to keep the dog. They told the owner that they were going to have the dog taken and euthanized for being vicious; mind you, the child's family were friends of the ACO. The SPCA responsible for these bad acts died about a two years ago; they say the new agent is better. I have only had one encounter with him; at least I can say he seems to know the law better than the other and at least tries to do some investigation first.