View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009
Giga-posting ACO

Getting too old is on a distinguished road

That stalagmite, sheís a rock ainít she.

One thing that hasnít been brought up is actual professional counseling and medication. At my previous city, it was the management more than the job that was causing my stress related problems. When I would go on vacation, it would take until Wednesday or Thursday just to get semi-relaxed, then by Thursday night the stress level would start building back up again because the vacation was half over and I was going to have to go back. That led to my first visit with a councilor, and my first prescription. That prescription only lasted a couple of months and I had rebounded enough to get back to the fray unaided.

After I left there, it took at least two years before I would fully trust the supervision here, and my annual evaluations scared the life out of me. Once I got fully settled in, things were fine for quite some time, then through a variety of factors (some job related, some personal) I crashed again, back to the Dr, and another prescription.

As I have gotten older I have found that I need then meds just to cope. It is a light dose, but if I get off for even two or three days, I develop some anger management issues, so I guess Iíll be on them for a while longer.